In pratical, These recent saga from both the government and the arresting of the opposition figures are Mutually Assured Distruction (MAD). On one hand, politic in the Gambia has since the independence stands for fooling the people to put you in power then forced them to eat the bones after you and your closest ones eating the meat. Why can't the educated ones we bestowed our hopes on be honest to us? why should they be self-centered, immoral and greedy? which ones can we trust to deliver for the people in general not only his/her own self? I know there are some good things about the present government, but too bad without a genuin and trustworthy opposition who in this basic stage will challenge the government to influence some of their decision that does not tally with the constituiton as much as the freedom of the media if democracy will be regarded as part and parcel of the government's policy.

If however, all the veteran politicians are living the platform of the opposition, there most be something wrong with them and that something most be searched and put in other, hence it is unity we are looking forward to save our country and the internal structure of the people we trust to unite us are separating, what did that tells us? clearly they are the people to lead us whatsoever. If they will be for the people in the future, that will have to be shown in this present. Division is what they stand for not unity and that is so bad for the future of our mother land and her people.

I think, we are very quick to blame Assan Musa Camara on his decision. The man is getting old to realising his dream come true. Bestowing his wishes on the opposition who will never deliver that dream is too hard for him. Yes Abdoulie Wadda was there for a long time but as well, he was able to unite the people behind him till today.

The government on the other hand, are really over-reacting by arresting the opposition figures which I also think is outragious and weakness on the side of the government. If this is to comouflage or switching people's mind from the real issue to political implication,will never avail. The only medicine to this political slow-down is to employ improved method and systems based on economic, statistic, finance and of cause behavioral science as well as putting strong emphasis on innovation and objectivity toward general development. However, arresting the opposition will only add fuel to fire.

Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~