Sister Jabou

This is a blessing for US Muslims not a problem . I disagree with Mr Cheema here . There are enough and qualified Quranic reciters here in the US than you can imagine but they have full time jobs so if we want to have their full time concentration during Ramadan then we must compensate them with equal pay that they would have earned and let them take a leave of absence during Ramadan.

The cost of housing , feeding and air tickets plus incidental expenses (which may include their families too at times) for the imported Imams would be the same in the end anyway- moneywise

Why Import when we have our own?

Some of these foreign Imams ( yes I used that word in a positive  context) do not or cannot relate to our norms and new conditions like working moms / regular hours of work for most of us/ plus the minds of the average  youngAmerican muslims and non muslims alike . "Back home" as they say everyone understands and adopts to the Ramadan schedules and are more flexible etc so these foreign Imams come here for a month and assume it is the same condition as 'back home' and preach old parables not current lifestyles.

So some how as I said it is a blessing in disguise and we must develop our own youngsters to take over this important and traditional responsibility of reciting the whole Quran from the begining to the end during Ramadan

Best regards

Habib