Ebrima

Actually the Republican administrations normally give  a few blacks top and powerful positions like Clerence Thomas , George Haley ,Condolisa Rice , Colin Powel  but the democrats give several  blacks several low level positions without potency or power.

That is part of the difference imho

But as far as racists policies covertly or overtly ,  the dems and reps are all the same - they are two wings of the one  big bird / Eagle usa- one on the left and the other on the right- together they keep the disguised Jim Crow laws to keep the mighty Eagle flying

Cris has made some very interesting points which needs to be studied further.

I personally  remember right here in the DC Metro area in the early days of the early 70's j TC Williams High School  (original home the Titans) no blacks students were in that High school until they started admitting Africans en mass. Some gambian old timers can vouch for that if they are still around.

The new and improved  Jim Crow -- grandfather of Trent lott

Now they are coming up with new and unnecessary terrorism and Immigration laws to get people of a different Dexie religion specifically mislims legally harrassed from being pingerprinted  quaterly to depriving innocent students from surviving from the petty jobs they have-  Yes I blame bin Laden the sob who was created by the mighty usa in the first place

We can go on and on but who is to blame our leaders so Cris is right Lott is going to be the majority leader who will make decisions that will affect all of our lives forever . Do you want a leader like him ? I leave that open

Habib

>From: Ebrima Weyeh Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Is the democratic party using Lott's comments for political gains?
>Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:25:32 -0500
>
>Hello Mr. jallow,
>You are right that the Dems are using the Lott controversy for their own political gain. This is how Washington works and the Republicans would do the same. However, I disagree with your assertion that, the Clinton Presidency was " the least racially diverse than any other U.S President for the past few decades." I know Mr. Clinton was not the best President but he had included many minorities in his cabinet. I think he had two Blacks ( Mike Epsy and the late Ron Brown) , one Hispanic ( Henry Ciseneros), One Asian(Norman Mennetti ) and four Women (Alice Rivlin , Dee Dee Meyers , Madeline Albright and Janet Reno) .I don't remember his entire cabinet but I know he had other minorities in many key positions of his Administration. I think this cabinet looks like America in my opinion . However , I do agree with you that "the Democratic party only talks the talk but never walks the walk ." It needs to do more for the Minorities of this Country who usually vote Democratic.
>Weyeh,

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~