It seems to me that, Jammeh already new why people are backing off from him. As he pointed out and accepted the fact that he spend more time in his home town than the State house. However, everyone love your home town best as well as the people love the State house for the president to stay hence he/she is voted in by the whole country not only his or her home town folks. Secondly, I am not saying that Jammeh has no right to develop his home town but he should also consider the opinion and the reaction of the people first before going further. If Kanilli is developed is for the good of the whole country but as the president's home town, will be funny into the eye of the entire population compared to the development of the Capital.

Let's take an example from the first republic, If Jawara have been spending all his time or most of the time in Barajalli, and start developing the area better than nearby town and villages to the capital, he might not be there for the 30+ years he stayed in power.

The people of Bakau, on the hand, are so sensitive and moreover, If the government wants the Bakau people's attention, they just have to continue the development of the area but to say, if they don't join the government people will keep on hungry and underdeveloped. This is politic, People of Bakau have been without that for a long time and they are still surviving. It is high time for the government to know there weakness and strength dealing with Bakau. You cannot force the people of Bakau to join you by treating them. I wish the government to be able to convince the people of bakau in-order to get their votes, in-fact the seat there is under their jurisdiction and is the best time for them to built up the strategies to maintaining the seat.

however, folk, one should realized the fact that political awareness is maturedly in its top form in the mind of the people, expecially Bakau who were for the last part of the PPP regime as opposition strong hold. therefore, to be able to convince the people, the PPP strategies should be eliminated and new strategies adopt. the political concept acknowledges that a political party is geared to serve the needs and requirements of the people will achieve better results over a long period of time than a party whose executives are not motivated. The jargon phrase is that, the party is people oriented. In other word, It has place its people and their needs or desires at the very centre of its agenda. Again some people are saying we should not take the government seriously, but my question is why should we waste our precious time commenting to the happenings on the ground? Then again if they are not capable of ruling our country, they are doing just that and so what?

People should by now get this into their heads that Gambia belong to all and insulting each other will never help our egos but back stepping them. We have right to disagree with each other without insulting the other if we want the democracy we are looking for to prevail. personally, I will not engaged anyone or react in my disagreement by sending repugnant and lack of self esteem manners to the author. Those times have passed away because education has already took its toll, yet there are still people who will remain blinded no matter how long they wasted living or dwelling in the west or gain education of any kind.

Happy Tobaski to all, in advance.

Edi

Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~