It is true that our women has been long since, subjected to staying at home, cooking and taking care of children and in addition to that day by day punishments such as beatings and insults even if the woman is right by the husbands, saying women's reaching to heaven, "will be" from her husband's hands. While some husbands are leaving their wives at home with all that boarding of taking care of the children the house and etc following other women. BLEACHING became more common in the Gambia because every man is looking for musu koyo sasaboro to bilittle the natural beauty of women.

How can woman heavenliness come from the husband, if most of the husbands are playing around with Musu koyollu? If you see an African married woman playing around, is because she has no food to eat. Again Gambia before and during the independence era, few families were willing to take their women folks to school due the above concepts. If the women folks have the possibilities emphasizing the fact that they are also capable of whatever men folks can, why should there be any kinds of grudge feeling from politician like Bah? who I think should be encouraging the women folks than discouraging them. If women folks are building mansions or driving expensive car, their abilities and capabilities have given them those ranks.

Besides there are very few women working as activist comparing to the men folks who were and still are mismanaging our economy in most of the privet sector or in the NGO by using the rural women's name. What actually is the national assembly and its members doing to help the women folks? Let Mr.. Bah look around him if words to comment on, are finished in his mouth.

Edi

Hamat Bah Attacks Women Activists

>Hamat Bah, leader of the National Reconciliation Party and Member for Upper Saloum, has raised concern over the increase of women activists in the country using the plight of rural women to enrich themselves and foster their interests.
>
>“What’s happening in this country today is that we have some educated women who are using the plight of the rural women not only to enrich themselves but also to foster their interests both in and out of the country.”
>Bah was speaking last week at the National Assembly during the debate on Government policies and programmes.
>
>“How many of these activists will be willing to do what the National Assembly Members are doing to assist the rural women? ... All these women activists are propagandists claiming to be fighting for the rural women in this country and this must be addressed.”
>
>He pointed out that women activists have used this to build expensive houses. “The National Assembly should put a stop to this because we are representatives of the people and nobody will use our rural women to enrich themselves.”
>
>Fatoumatta Jahumpa Ceesay, Nominated Member and a women activist countered that Gambian women are been insulted. She said women have the right to champion the course of their less fortunate folks. “We have equally seen others forming political parties using that to enrich themselves,” she argued. Hamat Bah Attacks Women Activists
>

>Hamat Bah, leader of the National Reconciliation Party and Member for Upper Saloum, has raised concern over the increase of women activists in the country using the plight of rural women to enrich themselves and foster their interests.
>
>“What’s happening in this country today is that we have some educated women who are using the plight of the rural women not only to enrich themselves but also to foster their interests both in and out of the country.”
>Bah was speaking last week at the National Assembly during the debate on Government policies and programmes.
>
>“How many of these activists will be willing to do what the National Assembly Members are doing to assist the rural women? ... All these women activists are propagandists claiming to be fighting for the rural women in this country and this must be addressed.”
>
>He pointed out that women activists have used this to build expensive houses. “The National Assembly should put a stop to this because we are representatives of the people and nobody will use our rural women to enrich themselves.”
>
>Fatoumatta Jahumpa Ceesay, Nominated Member and a women activist countered that Gambian women are been insulted. She said women have the right to champion the course of their less fortunate folks. “We have equally seen others forming political parties using that to enrich themselves,” she argued.

Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~