The time has come for the people of conscience, those who profess to have the interest of Gambians at heart, to join us in the opposition of the murderous Jammeh regime. It is no secret that the Jammeh government is both a failure politically and economically and is ruled by a sadistic dictator who is also knowingly corrupt and therefore needs to be opposed vigorously . The fact that we are mourning the execution of innocent students, whose only crime was exercising their human and constitutional rights to freedom of assembly, is enough to make all Gambians realize the dictatorial nature of this regime.

To the youths who came out to support what some thought was a revolution, it is safe to say that the only revolution that took place is Jammeh going from rag to riches. . The same regime that strongly condemns the extravagant lifestyle of the Jawara regime, is the same with a private jet for the president, a jet used by the president's wife to come to Washington DC to deliver the couple's baby and other trips for doctor's visit. It is no secret that Jammeh has openly claimed that even his great grand children would not be poor. The recent crude oil revelations further cement the long known corruption of Jammeh.

It is very obvious to everybody that Jammeh lied to the Gambian people when he promised accountability and transparency. In fact Jammeh sees himself as a Mansa, who could say or do anything to the Gambian people. It is very tragic that Jammeh and his vacuity continue to lead the Gambia and to command the support of people who claim to have common sense.

The AFPRC/APRC regime is one of intimidation, corruption, terror, ineptitude, incompetence, arrogance and outright criminality. The regime's ineptness has left almost all Gambians, with the exception of Jammeh's lot, in utter poverty. The lives of Gambians have gone from bad to worse. It is very evident that very few Gambians can afford three square meals a day. We now have children scavenging for food while Jammeh and his lot are living the most extravagant lifestyle. I am no PPP supporter and never will be, but what prevails today in the Gambia is worst than what prevailed under Jawara, in fact PPP of thirty years in power cannot compare to Jammeh's nine years of misrule and criminality.

To the so-called intellectuals in the criminal regime, I urge you to resign for the benefit of all Gambians and for your own benefit, for when this criminal regime is replaced everybody will be tried by his/her actions. It is sad that we even have people who claimed to be Human Rights "activists" working for a president who has no regards for human rights and openly abrogates those rights daily. Please let us put the interest of the Gambia first by shunning this regime. The Gambia deserves better than the current government and its criminal activities.

Pasamba Jow coach

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~