I was very disturbed by Pierre's and Edi's article because if every Gambian or Senegalese thinks like that then we are in for a war. If  the institutions and systems that are suppose to assist and protect people are dead, repression becomes the order of the day, these sentiments are likely to manifest itself as we are seeing now.

My dear Ndey, First I must thank you for your opinion on the matter. Again I stood by my comment that senegalese should make a stop to their aggressiveness not only to the Gambian but their entire neighbors. For how long should we bend down for senegal? are we the only people who should consider the relationship between the two countries? It is high time for them to take their share of the bread and eat it. However sister, let us put the politics aside for awhile and face the fact that Senegal had dominated us and disrespect us generally since Abdoulie Wada came to power, He had done nothing to realizing the family ties between the two countries nor is Jammeh better. Blaming the economy for this crisis will not solve the problem but giving the truth to the rightful owner. If we start blaming the economy and refuse to put the truth on it's place, the crisis will be repeated again and again. Truth is poinful but worth saying without fear. Why shouldn't the Senegalese realised that they were in the Gambia first and because of the oneliness we intertained them well without trouble?

Why I stood on the fact that Senegal is the aggressors in the matter, is their past record and they should admit that fact. their problems with Mauritania was it because of the economic crisis with Guinea Bissau was it because of economic crisis, their footballers beating Nigerians players was it because of economic crisis? I don't think so but their egoistic superiority they wanted to emphasis and is high time for someone to put a break to that.

Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~