Joe,

You are much too generous with your praise. Thanks for inviting me to share what was really nothing new and what could have been shared by any of you other folks. I must congratulate you for a job extremely well done in organizing both the conference and other activities. It was a mark of dedication and efficiency. I was particularly touched how you all rolled your sleeves and just got everything going - Gambian style. It made me proud to be a Gambian. I was humbled by Ous Conteh's unassuming demeanor throughout, from the momnet I arrived in Chicago to the moment I left. You guys - Joe, Na, Fatou, Emile and wife, Mansour, Kebba Foon, the Njie boys and Ous Conteh are a great lot - by any standards. Thanks again.

Baba