Brother Nyar  Onyango {(#2  Oga)}

First and foremost , thank you for your questions . Like Oko Drameh  , I am speaking from personal experience and probably agewise I believe we both are older  and some of the gray hair makes us a bit wiser imho.not as smart as you are obviously- no offense please just a figurative form of speech for old folks like us .

Brother YES you can definately compare both the  US and our problem in AGRICULTURE which is what I am Talking about and where OKO was coming from with capitalism.

I actually meet American farmers almost montly because of the nature of my work and boy if you only knew the humongous problems they are facing because of GW 's stupidity you would cry. Did you know about the HIGH suicide rate amongst the farmers - in minn wiscon iowa kansas to name a few states- almost 600 yearly. Why their family farms are being repossesed by banks because they cant pay thier loans due to the capitalist and vertical system ochestrated by the Bush admin example the beef industry. three big multi billion corps own and raise cattle of their own so they slaughter theirs until the farmers are forced to sell their cattle at huge losses then they by it and resell it finished products to them at tripple the price same applies for corn ,and even the catfish farmers in lousiana have the same fate where these tycooons go to Vietnam and buy catfish at one tenth the price the US farmers sell , now they are forced into bankrupcy and loose their properties and end up with guns in their heads instaed so their families can collect life insurance instaed of the bank doing it - I know a lot more reverse subsidies that are hurting you the consumer just to make the price of the comodities go up  ,.

Brother , why cant we grow our own tomatoes which we do so well in Ghana , gambia and the whole of west africa and yet our african tomatoe farmers are forced to throw away their products because of US /european subsidies  which in turn grow it cheaper and make tomatoe paste in cans and sell it at ten times the price to Africans . Why can't our farmers make their own paste and refuse to buy the imported one - yes all kinds os health reasons are imparted by the big players  on the african farmers of sugar cane in Kenya who are now dying of hunger as their sugar can is sold and double losses just because the imported sugar (subsidized by the Europeans ) kill the production of sugar canes . Why cant the east african farmers make their own sugar even if it not refined .

How about mangos once in excess in Banjul why cant we make our jam or jelly but we would rather go to the super markets and get the imported one at ten times the price. need I go futher  I do not know how old you are to remember when kobo and bonga fish were dumped behind albert market and we picked and chooosed the kujalies and the jotos. why could we not use them for fish meal to feed our chickens with the groundnut peels after the peanut oil is pressed out .

Do you know WHY  it is cheaper to buy imported chicken back home than the local ones which are healthier. I know my brother  just re read what Oko said again which I will copy for your convenience

!!!!!!!!!

Number 2

I do not know the root cause of our problem otherwise I would not be hastling like the rest of us all but as brother YUS just said in a recent posting ,, the less we worry about dissapearing penises in Africa the better it is for us

good night brother  and please do not take any offense I just wanted to make a point of observation from a layman like me.

take care and right on to Oko

habib

Additional remarks!!! A basket with water.

Capitalism likes money more than MAN,and so some african POITICIANS ,
intellectuals and technicians , ( they are too many ) alas...subjugated
by WESTERN values and culture , dreaming of handing over Africa and her
resources to the money owing capltalist powers.

The African economic requires , infact that Africa be free ,first of all
, totally free in her thoughts, in her creative actions , free in her
relationship with nature,advance in science and technology, free in her
economic,political , social and MILITARY relations with ex colonial
money owing powers.

Finally ,free to assume positively her presence in the world as a factor
of enrichment of MANKIND.

Oko Drammeh

>From: uga749d <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: ****Thousands March in Protest At Growing Political Violence
>Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:45:59 +0100
>
>Brother Habib,
>
>1)
>
>Do you sincerely believe that the courses of USA's problems are the same as ours? - I personally don't believe that the two are comparable. Talking of USA, don't you believe that USA is one of the most advanced in agricultural production/equipment - if so, check yourself - you might have just contradicted yourself.
>
>2) To know where we are going, we must know where we are coming from - what is the ROOT cause of our problems - a,b,c,d,e,. If the answer is be, why?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Nyar'Onyango

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.*
* Prices may vary by service area ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~