Hey Mr Contradiction,

You wrote...'legal
action against his own party members restores a moral order which shall
enhance further glasnost, accountability and probity.'

The key word 'restores' does not need to be highlighted for it stands out plain for all to discern what it implies. Simply put Jammeh is trying to reinstate(or restore?) something positive that existed before and sadly got eroded by his own party stalwarts within nine years. Maybe your fertile vocabulary failed to present a better word or you were just being frank for once. The question now is where was this same Jammeh while all these abuses were taking place......whatever happened to guilt by association?

Secondly, you wrote...

'On the other hand, the shake up shall give room for much needed reforms within the
government in order to cultivate legitimacy and transparency. All these
values are well enshrine in the APRC party manifesto…in fact they
reflect the very platform that anointed Jammeh to leadership after the
coup in 1994.'

'Much needed reforms'....Oh my God, the APRC is waking up now; waking up from the state of denial with eyes now open to face the glaring realities. How come it took Jammeh and his segment of the APRC nine years to wake up and realise all of a sudden that reforms are 'much needed'? Since you say Jammeh is just waking up, then you must still be sleeping. Nine years down the line your (APRC) platform and values (legitimacy and transparency) should have already been in place, only asking to be maintained and sustained for the good of all Gambians. Alas, the platform seems to have given way sometime after Jammeh got 'annointed' to leadership. Guess it capsized and left the party floundering in mid-ocean, but that's no excuse to let the abuse continue unabated for so long. Speaks volumes for any national leader when his/her party stalwarts and cohorts are left to wield the twin hammers of power and influe nce against all perceived and unperceived threats, and to sate personal greed at the expense of the public unchecked. In fact this still leaves the question of Jammeh's culpability unanswered. Maybe you won't mind giving us some insight into your take on that........where does this leave His Finger-in-Every-Pie Majesty, the emperor from Kanilai??? I wonder what's it going to be like when it gets real hot and the bean spilling game starts....just imagine the spillage. Operation No Compromise, lol.

Yaalna jaama yaaga,

Patz.