Joe:

Can you please be a little bit respectful and matured to let go off this kind of insane personal attacks that you have been launching against Conteh.   You seem to have leadership ambitions,  talk like a leader,  but lacks every characteristics that defines a good leader.  For one thing that is clear, you cannot stand the critism that every individual in leadership role endures.  I am sure you can now understand what Yaya goes through every single moment of his life.

Over the years, almost all of us here on the L had made accusations against Yaya Jammeh and his government some of which might be true and others false.  While some in the government took these accusations personal, there are others who understood  that the positions they held at times involve certain risks which they willingly accept.  Just because you and Conteh share a common enemy in the person of Yaya, does not mean that he (Conteh) cannot question you on some of the issues he may disagree with you, or have doubts about your commitments in.  What difference would it have made between you and Jammeh, a man you all abhor so much, if you feel too darn big to be questioned about the things involving this movement to make changes in the Gambia.

I sat and read with patience, but dismay, many of the emails, the attacks and counter attacks against Conteh during the last several weeks.  I found it so immatured the name calling he was subjected to by some of you.  For a moment, I thought of the kind of Gambia we are trying to create when a person is condemned and even delisted from a forum that we have all come to love so much, because he has a difference of opinion with another person.  I think it is a disgrace to all of us calling ourselves Gambians to see this transpiring in our midst.  The List Managers ought to be neutral and prudent in doing their duties.  The only crime Conteh is guilty of is his dissatisfaction with the way things are being run leading to his questioning of the sincerity of some of the people involved.  Joe Sambou is not God, and must therefore be answerable to critism.  If he thinks cannot handle the critism and is easily offended when subjected to questioning, then he must try and find another avenues where he can assume supremacy above every one else.

While I do not want to sound like those who came here singing praises about Joe, I cannot but also attest to the very many contributions Conteh had observed towards the betterment of the Gamibia.  He had been a very strong supporting member of any kind of organization that is launced within the US to help in uplifting the economic, social ,and the political spirit of our dear nation.  But having read all the negative postings about him, it is palpable some those deeds of him have been forgotten.

Charaterising Conteh as an opportunist is something that one cannot comprehend especially for the many who have come to know him very well.  You said:

"Well Conteh, does this not speak about you? Did you not bolt out after the

>Presidential elections and join SM to the APRC after you sang your insanity
>song "Yaya let my people go" for months? If you are not a opportunist, then

>who is? If you were not a wolf in sheep clothing, then I wonder who is?"

How did your coalition ended?  Did it not ended in dissarray because of bad organisation, and besides how would any one entrust people with sensitive issues like this one when the self appointed leaders do not even want to be questioned about their commitment and loyality?  Conteh made a decision that he sees fit and who ever he supported was his business, and frankly, I think people are tired of hearing this complains about SM joining the ruling government.  Take a hike and get of his case.

I must conclude by saying something that I read about Joe Sambou the other day.  Bulli Dibba send a posting where he commended Mr. Sambou for many of the good things he had done and continue to do for his folks.  He disagrees with what Sambou was accused of being.  But then he gave a word of caution to all involved in this issue particularly Sambou.  Joe should not take issue with this if he knew he is not "A Double Agent" Joe must focus on the many good things that he had been doing.  Y ou must be strong enough to take critism and not engaged in a behaviour that would raise suspicion about your innocence.  Remember, as Ebou Jallow had once indicated on this forum, "Truth is like a child of time.  It grows, matures, and eventually vindicates the wrongly accused.  We all need to exercise some calm here in order to succeed.  We are all in this together.

Lamin

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~