Dear List Managers:

After observing for several weeks the nightmarish exchanges between Joe Sambou on one side and Jassey-Conteh, Jabou Joh and Tapha Faye on the other, and the subsequent action taken by your team, I feel obligated to express my outrage.

I have no doubt that all involved are good people, but if we are crying for a just society, we must have an effective mechanism that metes out sanctions in a balanced manner when necessary and provide guidance where required. This, in my humble opinion has been lacking on G-L lately.

How, one can condoned libelous statements and character assasinations on the one part, and abhor abusive language on the other is quite beyond me.  The rules on the L clearly speak to both issues and are grounds for expelling anyone off the list.

Perhaps it is just a question of technicality? One has to formally lodge a complaint to the management team before action is take? To test this:

I am formally lodging a complaint to the the list managers against the following individuals for being involved in character assasination and making libelous statements against the person of Joe Sambou without a shred of evidence provided by them to the list, and ask that they me removed from the list with immediate effect: Jassey-Conteh, Jabou Joh and Tapha Faye.

You know, the Nazis had a similar tactic against peopl they loathed. If you speak a lie often enough, over and over, soon people will take it as the truth. Good Germans are still paying for this crime!

Latjor