"Chief of staff Jatta said when members of the security forces are well accommodated, and their welfare is taken care of, be rest assured of 95 percent security of that country. "Once their is security in any country he went on, you discover that it attracts foreign investors", emphasising that security forces contribute a lot in the socio-economic development of a country. So far the Gambian leader have come to assess the barracks according to the chief of staff, the morals of the men and the output will be 95 percent guaranteed" Said  the  sacked  Gambian  Army  chief  of  staff  Vincent   Jatta.      Little  did   Vincent   knows   that  he  was  on  the  firing  line.    Jammeh  don't   want   his  type  who  are  truthful  and  democratic.    This   statement  will  further  confirm  my  previous   posting   about   Vincent   protest  against  Deyda's   killing.    His   statement  also  suggests   that  there  are  some  disgruntled  soldiers  on  the   ground  who  should  be  motivated.      Please  read  on......................

The President Yahya Jammeh on Monday made a surprise visit to some roads construction sites on Serekunda and Bakau, visited state guard quarters in Banjul and Fajara barracks and also visited Gambia Senior Secondary School.

The President first visited the state guard quarters in Banjul located at the Printing Department and after the inspection of the structures and houses of soldiers he instructed for a new building which will include various facilities be created for them and their families.

In a similar move, President Jammeh visited the Fajara Army barracks and took a tour of the entire premises which carry offices and residential houses. Most of the buildings and furniture at the barracks have been there
since the colonial era, whiles the residential buildings were put up in the late 60s.

In a brief interview, the newly appointed Army chief of staff Lieutenant Colonel Vincent Jatta thanked the Gambian leader for his concern and welfare of both officers and men of the Armed forces, something the security officers expect from their commander in chief.
This he said shows how much care the President attaches to the members of the forces both officers and men, adding that him to make a surprise visit to the barracks in Fajara, shows the desire he has for the Armed
forces in terms of not only training them but even to see to it that they have modern accommodation quarters.

Chief of staff Jatta said when members of the security forces are well accommodated, and their welfare is taken care of, be rest assured of 95 percent security of that country. "Once their is security in any country he went on, you discover that it attracts foreign investors", emphasising that security forces contribute a lot in the socio-economic development of a country. So far the Gambian leader have come to assess the barracks according to the chief of staff, the morals of the men and the output will be 95 percent guaranteed.

Earlier, the President visited Gambia Senior Secondary School, not to spot check, but how to enhance the facilities in the school. President Jammeh visited a cross-section of the school including the assembly hall, Science lab, Physics, Biology and Geography class rooms, staff room, the playing field and the school garden. The President who was not pleased with the state of some of the furniture as well as the structures, immediately ordered that new furniture replace the old ones and the staff room be renovated and furnished.
He also emphasised that a modern school complex will be constructed replacing the existing one by July 2005 and has also donated two new air-conditioned buses to the school's staff and students.

President Jammeh and delegation there proceeded to visit some roads construction sites in Serekunda and Bakau.
He first visited Serre Jobe avenue in Serekunda around West Field and proceeded to West Field-Mandinaba road project during which he gave directives for culverts and side works to be constructed.

On Atlantic road in Bakau, the President ordered that the road contractors CSE expand the road where there were junctions for safety and easy maneuvering and to create side works for pedestrians. "The roads and junctions at New Town, Mile 7 and Stin Corner should be addressed", the President emphasised.

President | Vice President | First Lady | Government Policies | Correspondences | Newspage
The Cabinet | Children's Zone
| Gambian Students | Photo Gallery | Registrations
Contacts | Search
| Feedback | Jammeh Foundation | Jammeh2001

This site is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer at 800 x 600 resolution.

Hosting by QuantumNET

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE! いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい