Ebrima and Co,

You said it all. What NADD really needs now is our support financially, technical and political. I am glad that you have started the discussion around  NADD's  MOU and this is exactly what we should be doing if we want to help them. Apart from creating the financial resources which I believe we are all going to chip in no matter how small, there is also the need to follow their develops and activities to enable them to function well. As you have already mentioned NADD should be structured to involve all key players, choose a realistic strategy, the most important of all establish a shared vision. They should agree to disagree in the process because this is natural but what is not natural is unhealthy fighting.

The country is in its most difficult and hard time and they should look at the bigger picture and make promises that can be kept.  They should keep the communication line open especially when it comes to the citizens and one should make promises that can be kept. Building ownership is very important for a successful coalition and they should build ownership at all levels. They should institutionalise change to make sure that people learn to effect change because these are some of the problems we tend to have in Coalitions. Finally they should publicise successes and celebrate them.

Going to your point of leadership, I really agree with you that Dr Isatou Touray is a good candidate. The woman is dynamic, well read, focus and she has worked extensively within the continent and internationally. She is well respected inside and outside the Gambia. If they are to choose a female leader I will definitely go for Dr Touray, she is articulate and charming. Most important of all she is a die heart human right activist. Then again we know NADD will do what is right and best for the Coalition and the nation. This will also be another historic moment in the Country and another milestone.

I do hope that we will give them support where it is needed and criticise them constructively when it is necessary. The AFPRC people are already feeling the heat in the kitchen and that is why they are crying out loud. NADD should now focus its energy in building its structures and utilising its potential. We should now focus our energy in supporting and guiding them.

This is the moment!!!! We either make it!!!!  Or break it!!!!!!

The Struggle Continues!!!!

Ndey Jobarteh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい