Dear readers,

I have learnt of the death of my uncle, M.S. Njie, a former Deputy Accountant General during the Jawara years. Uncle M.S. died this morning and his burial, I am told, will take place this afternoon at 5pm in the Gambia. He has a home on Kairaba Avenue, just opposite the Latri Kunda football field and near Kanifing Primary and Secondary Schools.

Uncle M.S. Njie had also worked as a Chief Accountant at both the Ministry of Education and the Public Works Department (PWD).

He is survived by immediate family  - his wife veteran teacher Mrs Ida Njie, son Samba Njie (Batch)in Boston (USA) and daughters, Kumba Njie, Amie Colleh Njie in the UK, Yandeh Njie, Haddy Jatou and Astou.

I extend my heartfelt condolences to his wife and children - who are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult period. I also extend condolences to uncle Ndondi Njie, former Principal of Gambia College, his sisters and the rest of the bereaved families in the USA, England, Norway, Sweden, The Gambia and Senegal.

Uncle M.S. Njie, who real name is Momodou Samba Njie, will be missed. May his soul rest in Peace!

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK.
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい