From: Islamic Center of Lafayette [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:31 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Looking to see if they need help

Wa alaikumussalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Jazakillah khair for your mail. There are a small
number of people in Lafayette, LA who have taken
refuge after the hurricane. However, the Islamic
Center of Baton Rouge is currently sheltering several
hundreds who are residing in the premises of the
Islamic Center itself.

As these are people who have had to flee with nothing
more than the clothes they were wearing, there is an
urgent need for all sorts of material and monetary
assistance. The daily expenses (food etc) for the folk
staying at the Islamic Center of Baton Rouge alone, is
in excess of $ 1000.

There is an ongoing need for supplies such as clothes,
canned/non-perishable food items (tuna, soups, beans
etc), baby food, women's supplies and so on.

Apart from the above, monetary donations are needed in
order to help build temporary shelters where the
displaced families can live until the situation
improves in New Orleans (which will take a few months
at the very least).

Those interested in helping out can send their
donation to:

Islamic Center of Baton Rouge
820 W Chimes
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Phone: 225-387-3617

For Additional Information, please contact Br Abdus
Salaam at 225-288-3529.

Jazaakumullaahu khairan for your efforts.

Wassalamu alaikum
Adnan Khan.

: Dua's and Items for the Muslims

As salaamu Alaikum

We are reaching out to the Muslims and asking that we helped the
Muslims
and/or people of this devastating hurricane. If you have any
information
about the whereabouts of any Muslims please contact me at the info
given
below or email me.  We are trying to get to these people as soon as
possible. If you are interested in going out  or have already and I can
get
with you.

678-687-9610 cell

Felicia Farrar