Bailo,

I concur with your sentiments about Sir Dawda Jawara, Gambia's first
president from independence to July 22nd, 1994. Sometimes, and amid seemingly
overwhelming decrepitude and abject squalor, Africans do not stop to reflect or
accord commendation and encouragement for goodness. Every flicker of light must
be extinguished to remain in absolute darkness with no guide therefore to
salvation.

Anyhow, I say Ameen to your wonderful prayer and wish you good health and
the requisite energy to work for personal and national democracy.

Haruna.

In a message dated 9/12/2008 11:42:07 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,