"Talking about education, I am not referring to schooling in learning English language or mathematics etc, because I believe been intellectual is a gift which even an unschooled individual can obtain. instead, I am referring to the fact that there are very few African politician who will devout their time and money to educate the people due to the fact of their own educational level or else selfishness and hidden agendas of taking advantage of the people's ignorance if elected. Although tribal politic is injected into our blood like racism in westerner's blood, but through education and awareness, changes are possible" Edie Sidibeh posted 6 sep. 2007.
who can we regard as an educated person or a knowledgeable individual? Edie made very interesting remarks above. i was speaking to a former educator some weeks ago, and he was talking about some folks back home with good anthropological knowledge about many issues but no body absolutely cares to hear them because they haven't gone through the modern educational system. are we leaving some valuable folks behind?