I give love not expecting any return... knowing that what I give out will be returned to me a thousandfold. I focus my energy on love... and not on the lack of love!

NEVER regret giving love to someone
I continue on the theme of my post yesterday which seemed to ring bells with so many of us.
Why can our world fall upside down when someone to whom we have given so much love and support, simply does not return the love and support to us?
When we give love with condition we are going to experience the painful side of love... when the person we give the love to does not respond in the way we would like them to or is simply not able to reciprocate.
But when we give love without condition... unconditional love or pure love.. we are not after a return or an expectation that we will get the favour returned.
On the contrary, it is a fact of life that many people to whom we give love will not serve our emotional needs. But do not regret giving that love. It makes a big difference whether we learn this or not.
Here\'s the secret. By giving the love we are expressing the love that is within us... our essence... and by putting that loving energy out there we are going to get love back although it is very possible it won\'t be from the people we give it to.
If we are fixated on getting a return from the person or persons we have given the love to then we might not only be disappointed but we might also miss or not appreciate the love that is being given to us by another or others.
But if we are open to giving love and receiving love we might be surprised just how much love is returned to us from all sorts of directions, some of which we might not have expected.
This is how the universe works. What we give, we receive a thousand fold.
Every thought we think, every act we do is creating our reality... our future, in fact.
So every moment we give out love we are creating a loving future for ourselves.
But we need to be aware that we might be wasting our energy on the person who is not reciprocating, the person who does not wish to get close to us, the person who does not want to be our friend.
Far better to take the advice of Mother Teresa and love that person anyway... realising what is going on for them is all about them and was never about us. It is their path to reject the love and support we give them...Allow them the freedom to make their own choice and if they are meant to come back to us then they will. If not, then it is not meant. But it doesn\'t take anything away from you. More a statement about their own lack of good judgement, I would suspect.
Instead of focussing all our energy on the hurt and disappointment because this person is not meeting up to our expectations of them, better to focus energy on those people who do not reject our love, who do wish to get close to us and do want to be our friends.
Why focus all our energy on the door that has closed rather than divert it to the door that has just opened?
Why wait for the phone to ring, the text message to be returned.. when we could be making a phone call or texting someone who will respond, will treat us in the way we want to be treated.
And it does go back to what has been stated earlier... it is all about the other person. Allow others freedom and resist the urge to control them. If they are meant to be your friend, your romantic partner or whatever then they will come back to you. If not, allow them the choice to make a seemingly unwise decision. It is their path and it takes nothing away from you.
You are a loving, kind and wonderful person and just because another person cannot see it or appreciate it takes nothing... takes nothing at all... away from you.

So dear and special friend... realise just how magnificent you are.. give love without condition... be pure love.. and realise that the love you give out will be returned to you a thousand fold. There is no other way.

By good friend Nick