Wise words Edi. I will be two years here on this mailing list in two months time. The surprising thing is, after several years of people exchanging ideas here, we seems to be too weak on our feat when subjects close to hearts are discuss. Our society especially those who have lived in diaspora for years must now inhabit a mental strength of embracing and sensibly disagreeing without being unfair. Is PDOIS that weak to crumble under my personal opinions? What happen to the works of Adama Bah, Sam Sarr, Lady Amie Sillah, Halifa, Sedia and many more staunch militants of the party?
Unity comes with different perspective. I don't see Obama and Hilary stop speaking because they challenge each other sometimes in  very unhealthy ways, in-fact Obama now appreciate Hilary now more than any time before. This is call mature politics. Ours is still buried in some nerve button some were ready to explode at a moments notice. Allegiance and friendship circles seems to dictate our truth.
suntou
--- On Mon, 19/1/09, Edie Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Edie Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Suntou's Mission to
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, 19 January, 2009, 11:33 AM

I think we should be very careful discussing politic in a forum like this hence some people are out of patience and understanding of how to debate on issues without accusing one and other of tribalism. Suntu have the right to support any political party of his choice without fear and others have the right to challenge him professionally without framing him bad.

Again, thus, those eras are past and gone and the forecast should be based on how to make things better in the future than pondering on those election years by pointing fingers on who did this and who did that. Unity is essential to pave way to future development. Of course history is also essential to the betterment of the future But then again, the slave masters have seen new ways to make them forget the past mistake. Let us reject politics as a tool to destroy our mother land by leaving the tribal issue aside and focus on the issues such as development and unity within African people, let us have patience to each others comment and not taking them offensively. Well I disagree with what you said Suntu don't you think this is the right way etc. No offence intended. Edi