That is indeed what is wrong with American capitalism: Crimes of theft and malicious deceit. If that is what Rush Limbaugh wants to succeed, then he is out of his distorted mind. To love America is to hope for her salvation. Always. Haruna.

Haruna,

http://wfc2.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=+FuG5UG5kcRhyXXdVVXnDZ8YdQxyCzZa

The executives at AIG just don't get it.

I supported this administration's plan to inject capital into the marketplace, but like the President, I believe that there needs to be accountability.  We need to stabilize the economy and help struggling homeowners, not reward failed corporate management.

The executives who brought insurance giant AIG to the brink of failure are set to receive about $165 million in bonuses - and they don't mind if taxpayers are footing the bill.

As someone who helped save a bank from failure, I can't describe how disgusting this is.  It's rewarding failure.  And I need your help to stop this nonsense.

Tell AIG Executives to Reject their Bonuses.

I'm happy to see that President Obama is doing everything in his power to make sure the government holds these people accountable.  But they also need to hold themselves accountable.  Corporate irresponsibility extends only as far as individuals who are willing to act unethically.

Yesterday, AIG's Chief Executive said he'd asked the recipients of the most excessive compensation packages to give half of their bonuses back -- and some already have.  But that's not good enough.  These people helped create the crisis we are in now.  They don't deserve a dime.

As someone who's built businesses, I'm proud that our Commonwealth's been consistently rated the best state in the nation to do business.  And if you're a CEO who's providing value to your shareholders, there shouldn't be any limits to what you can earn.

But in this economy, we all need to do our part.

First, I won't accept any corporate or corporate PAC campaign contributions from any companies receiving federal bailout money.

Second, as your governor, I'm going to donate my salary to build a gymnasium for a school that needs one.  And I'll call on CEOs across Virginia to make similar commitments to help out their communities in need
.

Giving hundreds of millions in bonuses to people who have run their company into the ground while countless Americans watch their jobs, homes and savings slip away is not only  fundamentally unfair, it also creates an incentive structure that is just bad for business.

So please, help restore corporate responsibility and join my call to action today.

Tell AIG Executives to Reject their Bonuses.

Thanks,

Terry

Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479