of Mali, Gambia, Uganda, and Tanzania. Haruna.

Courtesy: Bela Fleck website - http://www.belafleck.com/index.html

In 2005, I went to Africa to play with great musicians and look into the roots of the banjo.

This is the most ambitious project I have taken on, filming and recording in Mali, The Gambia, Uganda and Tanzania. The musicians are spectacular, I think you're gonna dig this one.

You can already find stories and reviews in the New York Times, LA Times, USA Today and the Associated Press.

The Tour:

Toumani Diabate and I started the tour as a duo in Oakland, California. We did 9 concerts, and it went incredibly well. He is a beautiful musician, and it was wonderul to make music with him.

The larger group tour dates for March and April are here now! Some shows are close to selling out already! The dates are available here.....

The artists for this tour are:

Toumani Diabate - the kora master from Mali
Vusi Mahlesela - guitarist, vocalist from South Africa
D'Gary - guitarist, vocalist from Madagascar
Anania Ngoliga - thumb pianist, vocalist from Tanzania

We started in Pittsfield, Ma with a sold out show at the Colonial Theatre. It was a pretty amazing first night, with all of the performers demonstrating their music solo, and then interacting with me and each other, culminating with everyone on stage together. Thanks guys, we are off!

Join us if you can...

We are still working on the summer touring plans, which will be in June, July and August.Bonarroo and Telluride are set already, I will be dueting with Toumani Diabate in June and August, and doing select shows with the incredible Oumou Sangare in July.

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!