You are lucky I got some time. But don't bother me too much.

In a message dated 4/22/2009 6:36:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

A question for political minded folks. I hope the insiders in  UDP?NRP and
also PDOIS consider answring this questions. For now, let me  see how my
nephew will respond.
This was prepared a while ago, although Sidibe's observation made a  lot
sense, there is a need for further enquiry.
I believe before we  are able to engage in any genuine political discussion
the question of  NADD has to be clearly dealt with and understood.

Here are some  questions I would want answered

1. What is the difference between  a merge and a coalition of political
parties?
A merger is some union and can run the  gamut between some form of
coalition and total union which may  necessitate adopting a new name and
constitution or retaining one of the  constituents' name and or constitution.
A coalition is a loose union that  should not necessitate changes in name
and or constitution, merely a  name for the new coalition for focus sakes.
Either of these forms of association  can affect existing elected officials
of any or all of the constituent  parties depending on the laws of the
nation in which such coalescing is  envisioned.
2. What kind of coalition would you  like to see in preparation for next
elections?
A coalition desired by the parties to  form such coalition.
3. What are you and your  party doing in preparation for the coming
elections?
I am not a member of any party nor has  any party invited me to join them
yet.
4. What did  you learn from the “NADD” debate and disagreement?
The nadd effort was doomed from the git  go. All parties aiming to coalesce
must share a common platform  prior to coalition or a common goal around
which to  coalesce.
5. What effect has the NADD discrepancy on  your political perception?
NONE. I knew it was not possible unless  there is enough flexibility to
knead fundamental platforms. That only  requires reframing not toal abrogation
of platforms  variously.
6. What consequences would you measure on  party leaders involved with
NADD?
NONE. They maintain their singular farameworks to live  separately and seek
the same fortunes separately.
7.  Can the existing political parties/leaders deliver needed political
change?
YES. If they desire  to.
8. Do you think the present political  leaders overstayed their leadership
positions?
That is not my purview. It will be  presumptuous of me to opine on that one
way or the  other.
9. Do you think Gambian politics needs  new blood, new leaders, new ideas?
Gambian politics needs whatever blood,  leaders, or ideas Gambians desire.
10. How  would you rate the credibility of Gambian politics/politicians?
I cannot rate the credibility of any  polity. I certainly cannot rate the
credibility of fashion. As my friend  Karamba is wont to quip, it is what it
is.
11. What  is the political ideology of your party?
Don't belong to a party. Yet. I belong  to the school of democracy and
democratic life. So if I were to  belong to a party, it will be one that values
democracy and democratic  life.
12. What is the ideological difference between  your party, APRC and others?
No party yet. Will let you know when I  choose a party.
13. Why do you think the voters are  voting APRC and not otherwise?
I don't know and I don't think the  eligible voters of Gambia have voted
for APRC in any such appreciable  number.
14. What’s more to removing APRC from power,  what else is your agenda?
I  would not want to remove APRC from power if they have the wherewithal to
 correct their errors and to prosecute their own crimes against Gambians
variously, and to refrain from meddling in the affairs of the law courts  and
the judiciary. Should they be able to do that before the elections,  I
shall not desire to have them removed from power. They can begin by  releasing
Kanyibaa Kanyi, Chief Ebrima Manneh, and all those abducted  and or illegally
arrested and incarcerated and pay due restitution for  their offenses.
15. What kind of government do  you think would better the living-standard
of citizens?
Don't know. Nor am I interested in  that. What I am interested in is a
government that respects the common  constitution, does not restrict freedoms of
speech, expression,  assembly, Association, and movement, and that has a
clue what governance  entails. These are the pre-requisites for growth of a
people. I do not  know what standard of life the people desire so I cannot
speak to  that.
16. How would you attain self-sufficiency  in food, local industry and
increased export?
Dunno. I don't know how much food,  industry, or export is sufficient for
Gambians. I will not however  export food and water except to gift it in
emergencies and disaster  relief. I will export  only manufactured goods,
processed minerals, and machinery. I will  not export sand.
17. How and how-much do you intend  to spend on, for example
infrastructure, education, agriculture, job  creation and healthcare if your party is
elected?
Don't have a party yet. And if I do, I will not advise  specifying how much
to spend on anything. I will advice the level of  budgetary emphasis on
these areas of life according to what Gambia can  afford without counting on
Loans, Grants, and  gifts.
BYE!!  Haruna.
To  unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
Web  interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html
To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List  Management, please send an
e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!