From: bailo jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The Gambian Opposition should unite under Lawyer Ousainou Darboe
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, 13 July, 2009, 8:45 PM

Personally, I have always believed that since the United States Military presence in the Gambia on July 22, 1994 facilitated the military take-over by Jammeh and his gang, the United States therefore owe Gambians much more in our just struggle against Yahya Jammeh's dictatorship. However the most effective strategy of change is for a concerted Gambian opposition effort to defeat the incumbent at the polls in 2011.

Consequently, I also believe that Lawyer Ousainou Darboe should be more assertive towards uniting the opposition under his leadership with an entrenched two-term presidential limit. However for now, Lawyer Darboe seems to me to be more preoccupied with his Law practice than in politics. Unless am missing out some aspects of Gambian politics.

In the same vein, It is therefore high time that the opposition in the Gambia started the process of uniting under one political umbrella with Ousainou Darboe as the head of any such coalition. I think this is the best way out for Gambians from Yahya Jammeh's failed and disgraceful leadership.

Bailo