These categories of Gambians are mainly composed of the Wolof brothers and sisters. They tend to find a grouping round a religious cause more fulfilling than a general association affair. I would hasten to say that, this is not a general observation of all the wolof groups in U.K. The folks I came across in London, Birmingham and Coventry, some of them fall into this category.(Suntut)

Brother Suntu, I read your opinion above on the problem facing Gambian association in the Diaspora. Although you have put it clear that it was from your own observation and doesn't regard to the association you belong to right. Again if I may comment thus "curiosity kills a cat" but hopefully this will let me survive hence it is portrayed in a forum.

(Please do not take my comments personal, I repeat I am not doing this to hurt you or any other person in this regard, and I am in advance asking for your forgiveness if I had created inconvenience to your person).

The idea behind the forming of an association of any kind is to unite folk regardless of their backgrounds right? so been the case, and as a secretary general of an association, shouldn't you generalized your critical as such, SOME OF THE GAMBIANS than boldly naming names of certain language grouping even if that is your truth to avoid been accused of marginalizing or discriminating one group over the other even though you indicated exception in your piece.

This are some of the reasons, I wrote about regarding problems within Africa in general, particularly Gambia on the fact that, we should look into our own selves to be able to see the problems on our leaderships back home and unless these shortcoming are considered and dealt with, there will always going to be a tendency of weakness on the way we rule upon our people back home.

I am a Mandinka (tilibonko) originally from Wasulung in Mali where almost everybody in the Gambia had a root. Therefore, if we want an association to be anti-tribal, the heads needs to avoid such remarks in-other to try to convince others, on the fact that, they (the associations) are not for disunity but ONENESS as one people from one country with truth and justice for every member. We all are aware of the fact that unifying human-being will never be easy but with patience, flexibility, inclusiveness, Truthfulness,strategical, and tolerances everything is possible. Edi