Dear All, I have just visited The Gambia from the 21st July 2009 to the 4th of August 2009 and I have been very unhappy with the way I saw the Nigerians control our banking system. I am not a narrow nationalist but given the reputation of the Nigerians and I think we need to be more careful in the way we deal with them. Most of them or atleast the ones we came into contact with are somewhat dodgy. In the 90s some many Nigerians have been arrested dealing in drugs in our motherland and in the UK their scams are open secret. Despite them employing a lot of our citizens, I just wonder why they could not invest some of their money in their own country where the life expectancy is 47 years. Where are the Nigerians getting their money from? This article should put our political divide into one side and let us all concentrate on the issue of the Nigerian economic invasion. This does not mean that we do not have to deal with the lack of rule of law in The Gambia under a Jammeh and his incarceration of the innocent journalist. However I think the Nigerian locust swarm invasion is more important. Jammeh may be destroying the democratic stance of The Gambia but impact of the Nigerians will be more serious should they spark. Care should to taken in the way we deal with Nigeria. Nigeria should act first for its own citizens and get their act together so they can be trusted. Gambians all over should act in unity against this Nigerian threat. If they destroy our banking system then we are doomed. For those comments that I made about Darboe which may be considered personal I do apologise and I will take the advice of James Taylor from now on. I think Yanks should also stop the attack on my family and should apologise on his personal comments on my dad's elder brother who passed away long time ago. The big issue is the Nigerian invasion and I therefore I called on Jammeh "mansakunda" to to unconditionally release all these innocent journalist and innocent political prisoners so that they can join in giving the necessary caution that is required for the all Gambians to take. The Gambia belongs to The Gambian people and presidents are elected servants of the people. That power is given to the president based on trust and that trust should not be betrayed. Presidents who want to be mystified have no place in The Gambia and we have a constitution that calls for presidents to be servants of the the people. Jammeh is one such servant and it is time for him to realise that. However in tackling Jammeh his brute rather that his tribe should be pronounce. Most of the people in rural Gambia live in absolute poverty despite the language grouping they belong to. We all know that. We all know that any family that do not have someone in the "developed" world faces serious difficulties and this is why Jammeh should be tackled on his brute and his abuse of the rule of law. Jammeh have the choice to apologise to The Gambia people, surrender power and reconcile the people. Then he should call for fresh elections and let the people choose a leader in a free and fair elections. This if Jammeh does will be able to put his name in the good books of history. However if he continue on his trend he will remembered otherwise. Jammeh's tribe should never come into play as it will be a winning machine for him and let us not play it to his advantage いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html