Bravo Haruna  it is really sweet and a wonderful peacemaking attitude I have seen for a long time and I wish Karim can find a way to accept this touchy lines of yours. Nice to be free from Haruinerism for once. Edi

--- On Thu, 20/8/09, Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Insult I have been receiving from Yanks Darbor both private and in the forum
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, 20 August, 2009, 11:19 PM

My brother Karim,

I think prhaps you misunderstood me. Allow me to use your notes to clarify:

[-----Original Message----- From: abdoukarim sanneh [log in to unmask] To: [log in to unmask]

Sent: Thu, Aug 20, 2009 3:29 am  Subject: Re: Insult I have been receiving from Yanks Darbor both private and in the forum.

#yiv1922058340 #AOLMsgPart_2_50232479-e70d-48ce-8cfe-ac84b3d3ef2a .hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv1922058340 #AOLMsgPart_2_50232479-e70d-48ce-8cfe-ac84b3d3ef2a body.hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}
Haruna who are you disappointed?] Karim.

I was disappointed in you Karim for sharing Yanks' insult of you with us here at Ellen. I thought that was counterproductive and further insensed me. You did share it with me privately and I responded privately that I do not desire you to forward me another's insults of you. Not only Yanks'. The reason is because I cannot stand to hear another insult you so. Scout's honour. I advised you that the best way to handle it is to block Yanks from sending you private mail, and should you determine repulsion, to share it with law enforcement. In the same mail I noticed you to be replying to Yanks challenging him to meet you at Duel and you even provided your address. That was ill-advised for me.

[What powers do you have to prevent me from sharing it all at Ellen.] Karim.

0D

Not much power for that Karim. In fact if you notice, I do not have much power as to what others may do or say. However, if ou remmember, you had urged me privately some months back to intervene with another of our coleagues whose notes seemed have repulsed you. And that coleague did not insult you. He merely shared his opinions on religion and society. I did intervene privately with that coleague but nly by encouraging him to use more benign and tolerant language and certainly not to cease from sharing his convictions as to religion. I did not share with the coleague that I was doing that at your urging because that was not significant information and it could have inured animus between the two of you. I should think therefore that you considered enough of me to share your anxieties with me. ANd I am forever humbled by that regard of yours. For good measure, I hold you in equal esteem. I do not wish you to share others' repulsive insults of you. ANd
 because I am here with you at Ellen, I would appreciate it if you would not share those at Ellen. This still doesn't guarantee whether you would ascend to that plea of mine. I was only hoping for your tademark consideration. That is why I did not say "Karim, Do not forward the insolent mail to Ellen". Instead I said "Karim, WHy do you find it significant to share your private mail with us at Ellen. Particularly these types of mail. I am terribly disappointed. I think you ought to forward them to your local law20enforcement and block Yanks from sending you such mail. Please do not share them with us here." It was a mere plea that indicated my repulsion. Not at you but at those words being spoken to you by Yanks. Witness the advice to share t with law enforcement were Yanks to remain adamant in his exploits.

[My friend stay cool!!] Karim.

Karim, you of all people know 'm as cool as a cucumber. Not cocumber Mams. The Afrikanski.

[I found it significant as he claimed to be a cadre of a political organisation which principles stand for discipline, humility and respect to others.] Karim.

Karim, you could have shared with me why you find it significant just as you did here. Better late than never. I want to share with you that the UDP is not responsible for Yanks' actions or utterances. Neither is PDOIS or GMC responsible for any of their members' crimes, shortcomings, or value. How then can Yanks' membership of The honourable UDP yield significance for you to share such vile language with us at Ellen when it was sent to your private mail?????

[Please stop making yourself foolish in this show.] Karim.

Far from it Karim. That will not have been valuable to me. Nor would it please me to engage in tomfoolery at your chagrin Karim. For what its worth, I consider you and Yanks as my brothers. In20fact I'm closer to you than Yanks in familial terms. You didn't know that did you??? I encourage you to focus on the value that you yield me and my coleagues here. This is hardly a propitious time for you to challenge me to a fight. I will be most disappointed at myself if I should read you to have been the least repulsed by me Karim. You happen to be a bit older than Yanks. And in our darbo-kunda traditions, when two brothers or sisters quarrel, generally the younger one habitually uses profanity to settle scores, real or imagined. We generally plead for the elder's restraint. It was in that spirit that I concern myself with your aversion by Yanks. Otherwise, it is none of my business. Further, if you had not forwarded the culprit mails privately and I read it
 for the first time on Ellen, I would have disregarded it. WOrd to the wise Karim, Laborayo expectayo.

[Do you give him insurance to insult my mother?] Karim.

NO. I do not give anyone license to insult you or your parents. That will be an insult to me too. I cannot stand it and hearing it repulses me more. I would be inclined to share it with law enforcement before I take physical action. I will give notice of aversions. That is why I do not begin fights. WHen I am provoked into one, I see it to its terminus.

[Tell me. I don't care if you will write 24 pages on the matters.] Karim.

I don't understand what you mean Karim. This matter is not worth even this many words I share with you Karim. This I do to accrue more comprehensive understandings. I shall consider the matter closed sine die and I look forward to our cleansed community. If I have yielded you relief of anxieties, please feel free to acknowledge that here. It will put me enormously at ease. I will not like to offend you going forward. I have a very thick skin and I revel in yielding other joy.

[My warning is that I respect you but if you have to turn arrogance and don't want to see truth come on.] Karim.

This is not necessary Karim. I mean it is not necessary for you to WARN me. I do not have purview over whether I am arrogant or not. I assure you that I always see the truth and I lean toward avoiding conflict especially among family. Settle down Karim. I am reminded that I ust always endeavour to yield you relief when I can. Not disquiet. I pray that God/ALlah blesses you and that he affords your forgiveness of me. Your brother, Haruna. I look forward to our more auspicious conversation and values.