Dear All,

Brother Abdou Karim Sanneh has, this afternoon, received positive news from the British Home Office, regarding his asylum application. He has been granted full refugee status in the UK by the British Government. In other words, he has given indefinite leave to remain in Britiain. This means he can now reside and work permanently in the UK.

Just for the record, Abdou Karim Sanneh himself asked me to annouce the good news on Gambia-L and Gambia Post because he presently has no access to the internet. I suggested to him that others (should) do the annoucement but he insisted that I make it.

I could/would have said more, and Abdou Karim certainly wants me to do so, but protocol dictates that we wait for Brothers Dave Manneh, Lamin Darboe or Abdou Karim himself to make the formal annoucement whenever time permits them.

Regards,
Ebrima