And that all wealth subsequently generated from the utility of such gifts, necessarily belongs to Gambia people??? Some of these obvious Hadiths are good. Bukhari is more sober than Tirmidhi I think. Haruna.

You mean whatever Yahya Jammeh is given as the President of Gambia belongs to Gambia people instead of himself??? Men this Hadith business is revealing Bilal. Haruna.

-----Original Message-----
From: Edi Jah <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, Sep 3, 2009 1:44 pm
Subject: Fwd: Daily Hadith: Gift or Bribe?

Gift or Bribe?

asul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) once sent somebody to
ollect zakat from a certain region. When the man returned he handed
ome of the zakat over and kept some for himself saying that he had
eceived it as a gift from the people. Allah’s Apostle then ascended
is pulpit and addressed everybody. In it he said: “I employ some men
rom among you for some job which Allah has placed in my charge, and
hen one of you comes to me and says, ‘This (amount) is for you and
his is a gift given to me.’ Why doesn't he stay at the house of his
ather or the house of his mother and see whether he is given gifts.
y Allah whoever takes anything unlawfully will bring it on the Day of
esurrection by carrying it over his neck.” [Bukhari]
Giving or taking bribes20is at the root of corruption. Islam clearly
tates that both the giver and the receiver of a bribe end up in
ahannum (Hell). But how is one to recognize that
 he or she is
nvolved in this practice? In this hadith, Rasul Allah (sal Allahu
laihi wa sallam) describes a simple test that each person can perform
o check themselves, when receiving favours while serving in a
articular position. They should ask themselves whether what they
eceive is something they would be ‘gifted’ had they been sitting
t home, i.e. not serving in that position. If the “gift” you
eceive is because of your office, so that you can use your position
o do the gift-giver a favour, then this is a misuse of authority.