The farmers from the CRD and URD are expecting a bumper harvest even though they have received no government help, with the only cotton company GAMCOT based in Basse Manneh Kunda, URD dormant, the farmers complaint.  Theassociation of cotton growers issued a statement that the cotton growing on 30 hectare  in Sarey Sori, Jareng and Sarey Eliman piloted last year, are all a success story and urged the government to intervene and help them with less than a million dalasis as that will provide them with seed for next year and make the ginning industry functional for export, once again, otherwise they will be forced to sell the cotton to Senegal government agencies who help their farmers and are giving better and competitive pricing for their commodities.

Read full story
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: samateh saikou
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:56 AM
  Subject: Re: A look into Jaliba Kuyateh's musical career

  Ron,

  Thanks and great observations,but excuse me,who is this Demba ?
  On the issue of trabalism,I think we should take it seriously,it  is a sign of backwardness and mental problem that is why I dont joke with it.
  Jaliba is a master and I wish he was  on  the side of the people,he alone,would have been total mobilisation and we will not have been here talking of  only the Manding speaking people listen to Jaliba.
  I  remember when I was still in School,there was a Gambian Musician living somewhere in Europe,just dont remeber the country and his name,he had this song  " Change the system now" (some thing like that)it was  great to listen to for some of us at that time ,even though  it was in English it was never difficult for  us to associate our selves with the music.At this time of our struggle,we need social critics who can put into songs our longings and agonies,speaking onbehalf of our sufferings in silence. Do you play the Kora ?

  For Freedom
  Saiks