CamaraLaye,

You don't know how much I appreciate your view on this. All I ever wanted was for another member of the community to share his/her wisdom with us. And Demba has been in jail now for a week, but do I hear you coming to his aid??? NO. But when Laye is delinquent on a job he can't find time to begin, he you come, like a trooper to salvage him.

On a serious note African Child I reviewed my entire campaign for unfettered information sharing at Ellen yesterday. And I logged on now to share my reconsidered position when I saw your notes. I'm pleased you shared what was on your mind.

I agree with you. Not only is it unreasonable to allow "attachments" and privileged matter (photos that are part of stories), it is burdensome for our community of Ellen and our gracious university host who afford us this service au-gratis. Attachments unduly capture electronic space which if we were paying for, could command a premium. Secondly, I chatted with one of the newspapers which regularly sends me stories for consideration. WHat I was able to gather was that even though newspapers have not told me to ONLY share links, they would prefer that as opposed to sharing the full story with the pictures to boot. This is because the newspapers depend on traffic on their sites which drives advertising revenue. Therefore if I don't share the link to direct traffic to the newspaper sites, they may not be in business long to inform and entertain the Ellen Community. So combined with the safety concern that you share African CHild, I had to weigh the comparative value of hazard and devaluation as against the desire of community members to be treated to Le Menu dinner courtesy of Haruna. Besides, I never was one who thought pictures are absolutely necessary to appreciate a story. My only quandry is that by sharing only a link, I will become partly responsible for what happens to my friends and coleagues when they click on that link to go to the site. There are some unscrupulous advertisers and newspaper owners and publishers. So I asked for certain guarantees that if I share links to any newspaper, that newspaper will have create two sites..... One with advertising and another without. And they can be free to embed a linkable question on the Ad-less site asking the visitor whether they wish to visit the site with Ads. I wasn't able to get any guarantees for that. In fact this lady publisher I was speaking with was visibly upset that I even asked for such a guarantee. SHe said: Haruna, I just got through telling you those advertisements keep us in business. What're you talking about?

So I have now found a happy medium. I will only reference the story along with my analysis where possible or just alert friends and coleagues here to the presence of the story in newspapers. They can then choose for themselves which newspaper's site to visit. Besides, all stories are now carried by more than one newspaper these days, albeit in their own unique ways and with their own unique graphic presentations. But I will continue to share some stories in French with or without transummaries. I will not share the full story so I don't use up undue host space. Whenever I present the French, I will cite the source by name, NOT LINK. I will not be responsible for my coleagues' inadvertent chagrin.

So thank you CamaraLaye for this amicus of Ellen and our phantom manager. We still don't have an introduction. And Laye all my extant anxieties have now been addressed. 1) My mails being filtered and out of sync, and 2) story mail that I used to be able to share with photographs not getting through now.

I love you CamaraLaye. I just don't like this idea that you can be part of Ellen and remain friggin quiet for years at a time. Caesar, I don't wanna hear it. Where's Fanding?????
Haruna. Saiks, disregard wringing Laye's neck to allow unfettered mail-sharing. I knew you were'nt gonna go along with that idea anyway Saiks. You're too good to want to inflict harm on a fellow. Besides, I will need your company in the not too distant future. Yeah like locking Demba up for good.