From: suntou touray <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, March 20, 2010 11:56:58 AM
Subject: Foday Kaba Dumbuya's Expeditions, narrated by his daughter, translated by Mansour Njie

http://www.onegambia.com/orahist.php

A fantastic instalment from Pa Modou Njie (Gainde) of onegambia. He has just added an audio recording of Foday Kaba Dumbuya's career as narrated by his daughter. Kaba's encounter with the whites, Musa Molo and many other interesting accounts.
The translation by Alhagie Mansour Njie is top draw. Our gems of radio Gambia Mansour, Alieu Darboe, the late Musa Camara, Sarjo Barrow,  Manneh etc is something we should be proud of.
the death of Foday Kaba and many more. The narration went well with the kora/kotin.
Suntou