Mr. Jahateh, I agree with you. This is a time we should all stand up for
Femi. This is neither about the UDP or about the opposition. It is about the
liberty and independence of our citizens. This is about our democracy,
freedom of speech and assembly, and the future of our country. It is yet
again a plot to distract Gambians from the larger picture.

We should all come together and condemn yet again such cowardly acts of
injustice. "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere"  It was Chief Manneh
and Kanibaa yesterday, today is Femi and tomorrow God knows who?

So my brotherly appeal to all is not to allow the oppressor to continue to
divide us, sit back and laugh out loud.  It is action that is required now
and let us not underestimate any action taken by citizens in the Diaspora. A
petition or condemnation may not get him out but it will put his plight on
the spotlight.

Let the folks come up with a petition, ask all decent Gambians to sign it
and it can be circulated to international organizations and governments to
officially inform them of the situation and remind them that we have been
here before. Pressure makes all the difference and it has worked before.

Mr. Peters should not spend a day in jail much more a year for simply
organizing a political rally. This is really a shame...

Demba