[In a message dated 4/5/2010 7:38:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Demba, you know my position on our situation. Yes indeed, the issue is the release of Femi Peters. Having said that though, who do you think is is a better position to lead that, Demba, Joe, or is it the UDP leadership?] Sambo.

Giuseppe, the release of Femi Peters is the purview of his UDP associates, the UDP rank and file, his NRP coleagues, his GMC coleagues, his PDOIS coleagues, his conscientious APRC coleagues, Junior and his family, Haruna, Giuseppe, Demba, Olfactor, Suntou, Coach, Galleh, Jahateh, Bojang, JDAM, Yero, FJM, Nderry, Jambang, Sankara, Mathew, and all caring individuals, AS is was with the RELEASE of Halifa, the journalist 6, and just as it should be for the release of Chief Ebrima Manneh and Kanyibaa Kanyi, and the good prosecution of the murder of Koro, Deyda, and the students.

[If it is the UDP leadership] Sambo.

The UDP is part of the cadre that will work for the release of Femi Peters.

[and they decided to invest in an appeal,] Sambo.

An appeal is one of the tools in the arsenal of the above mentioned guardian angels of Femi Peters. It is a formidable cadre with enormous potential.

[then an appeal will carry the day.] Sambo.

No. The appeal will not carry the day because it is but one of the tools in the cadre's arsenal. Even if it turns out to be the keystone, it will have been supported by all the other tools in the arsenal. The Appeal itself is only a stopgap measure and it has its own utility. It is best supported by other tools.

[This was no surprise to any of us, including the UDP.] Sambo.

Just as Halifa's persecution, the Journalist six's persecution, CHief Manneh's, Kanyibaa Kanyi's, Deyda's murder, the students' murders, the poisoning of defenseless fellow citizens, the torture of the Wassa 5, etcetera. They were all preceded by Koro's incineration. That is why they are not a surprise. But surprise or no surprise, we have an identifiable culprit. Yahya and his coterie of bandits.

[Don't you think Femi would have been better served if perperations were made to hedge against the inevitable?] Giuseppe Sambo.

We can say that about the other persecutions above too. And who is to make preparations????? The cadre mentioned above. Certainly, Femi Peters was in no position to make preparations for a fate he is not aware of prior. And when we make preparations, it should have been preparation for removing the culprit. NOT preparation for the fashion of crime. That we were not privy to. Let me explain: We were aware that some manner of persecution will befall Femi simply because his BBC interview irked Yahya. However, we were not privy to IGP Jesus' decision to arrest Femi at a peaceful political rally and of Ikpala's decision to incarcerate Femi for a year's hard labour. So any preparation we could have made could have only been to prevent Yahya from wielding such unbridled power, so egregiously. Every year. And UDP, NRP, GMC, and PDOIS were engaged in that preparation for 15 years now. They must be commended. Now we must aid them in whatever way we can. The reason why IGP Badgie was arrested before the Peters trial could be completed properly was because IGP Badgie's stupidities exposed the blatant discrimination and intimidation that yielded Yahya "wins" in previous elections that the observer group "shared" they couldn't discern. You don't suppose IGP Badgie was arrested for drug trafficking and other financial improprieties do you?

[Now that the man is in jail, I do not know what a petition will do for him.] Sambo.

A petition is another tool in the arsenal that will dismantle the odious Yahya industry Giuseppe.

[We have circulated countless petitions on behalf of Chief Manneh and his body is still not released.] Sambo.

We have also circulated petitions for the journalist 6, for Halifa's release, and for the proper investigation of Deyda's murder. Where relief was yielded in those matters cannot be readily attributed to petition. Nor can we attribute failure to yield relief to petition's ware. Like a spade, petition is a tool.

[This is not to say that a petion not be circulated.] Sambo.

OK. Why then go through the rigamarole of blaming UDP leadership and inuring ineffectual determinant for petition??????

[I disagree that this is not a UDP or opposition issue.] Sambo.

No one said it is not a UDP opposition issue. It is a UDP opposition issue, It is an Ousainou colegial issue, It is an NRP opposition issue, it is a GMC opposition issue, it is a PDOIS opposition issue, it is also an APRC opposition issue. It is a Sambo "opposition" issue, it is a Demba, Suntou, Galleh, JDAM, Owens, Haruna, Junior, Bojang, Jahateh, Kukeh, Gunjur Darboe, Manneh, FJM, Halifa, Sam Sarr, Sidia, Kemeseng, Karim, Mboge, Yanks, PaSamba, Yero, Saihou Mballow, Sankareh, Mathew, Jambang, Edi, Edi, and Brian human issue. How would you disagree with something no one argues Giuseppe?

[UDP as an organization with a support base is in a better position to deal with this issue than you and I, individually.] Sambo.

UDP as an organisation carries greater weight than an unorganised polity. They are not however in a better position than diasporans to yield Femi relief.

[Folks will support them however they want to handle it.] Sambo.

Indeed. And that is why folk will support Ousainou's appeal process, the UDP-UK's demonstration efforts, The UDP-US's demonstration efforts, Demba and Yero's suggested petition drive, and other tools, the coordination of which are not completed yet. We are pleased that Giuseppe will support all these efforts and perhaps come up with yet another tool not yet considered.

[It is also an opposition issue, you and I included, but how do you get the opposition to come out and support this effort if the hundreds of illegal arrests and detantions have never been dealth with as a unit and they are hell bent on snobbing each other to eternity?] Sambo.

Beginning with your attitude of blaming Ousainou for Femi's persecution, it is no wonder you cannot see your way through to Femi's relief. And please do not pretend to speak for the "opposition". I take umbrage at your fraudulent agency.

[As to coming out and condemning this cowardly behavior, we do it every day and that is why we are here dealing with this one. However, do you agree that Ousainou, the UDP leader, and legal representation of Femi should be in front of that charge on the Judiciary?] Sambo.

And Ousainou, the UDP leader, Femi's friend and associate, IS leading the charge to yield Femi relief at the judiciary.

[If Ousainou is reluctant to call the Judicairy and the verdict for what it is, how are the rest of us ressponsible?] Sambo.

Ousainou has expressed his disdain and rejection of the decision of Magistrate Ikpala. And he is appealing that decision to a higher court.

[I am just being real.] Sambo.

Right.

[We do not have control on how the UDP handles this,] Sambo.

So why don't you fashion other handling you have CONTROL over Giuseppe? Does the fact that you do not have control over what Ousainou does on the behalf of Femi and his coleagues and associates, obviate your own desire and effort in yielding Femi relief? Are you brain-dead?

[but we have the liberty to speak our minds as Gambians regarding this issue.] Sambo.

Indeed Giuseppe. That is what we do here each and every day. There is no problem in that. We also have the liberty to effort to yield Femi and others relief, in addition to speaking our minds on Magistrate Ikpala's decision, IGP Badgie's wrongful arrest of Femi, and all other issues from the journalist 6, Halifa's persecution, the students' murders, Deyda's murder, Koro's murder, Chief's statenap, Kanyibaa's statenap, etcetera, etcetera.

[If I did not care,] Sambo.

This is not significant. Let me explain; It is unimportant whether Giuseppe cares or does not care. Gambia is full of people whoi care and those who do not. And the knowledge that Sambo cares or does not care is inutile in the face of Femi's persecution. What is significant however, is what Sambo does to yield Femi and his fellow citizens relief because Sambo is aware of the outcome of the cases prior.

[trust me you would not have heard from me.] Sambo.

Giuseppe you did share with us that we all have the liberty to speak our minds on issues here. So if we take you at your words, we are very likely to hear from you on the Femi Peters issue, whether or not you care or how you care. I hope you understand.

[I know if I were in Femi's shoes I would not appreciate this go slow attitude while I languish in the filth tub of a cell.] Sambo.

This is insulting to Femi Peters. Femi did not choose to belong to an opposition party for any luxury he would accrue. Femi is acutely aware of the condition of Gambia. Femi is also very conversant with the duress and persecutions his coleagues and associates have undergone prior. Femi is also aware that some other Gambians have been in more dire straits and suffer graver conditions before. It is with that conviction and the assurances of defiant sobriety that encouraged Femi to join an opposition party to yield his fellow citizens more permanent relief. Femi is not a coward. And he needs us all to stand with him, however slow our efforts may sojourn. The speed of yield of effort does not obviate good effort. For that speed is not the purview of the person in Effort's positive sojourn.

[Any way, I sopke my mind and now it is in the hands of Yaya to determine Femi's release.] Sambo.

Yes, you have spoken your mind Giuseppe. And now we wish to encourage you to come with us in EFFORT to yield Femi relief. We are all eminently aware that Yahya will be the ultimate determinant of Femi's release. And we have not known Yahya to have revelations of mercy and care, unaided.

[Since, that is how we are addressing the urgency of the situation, please disregard anything I said.] Sambo.

Giuseppe, that is one way we are addressing the situation. Please do not despair. We enjoin you to stay with us and to assist us devise our other tools or newer tools, for commoner relief.

I thank you for your prior efforts and I pray that DaarManso yields you the requisite strength to continue to ply Goode road.

Haruna. Your friend in the struggles.

Joe