Ace, we don't need much to get you excited or all up in arms one. Woh!!!

I will advise one thing though, the prism you are looking at things might need a bit of tweaking if you don't wann go crazy. When you witness something, and it is wonderfully good, don't go around moping that you wish it were in Gambia. The problem is that some things will just never be in Gambia unless YOU, ACE, take it there. You already know the state, govt., and civil service is delinquent. When I share Art and Culture with you, I do so with the hope that you can glean value from it and that it may help you in your current endeavours. When I was preparing to go to college, a friend, attorney extraordinaire asked me where I wanted to go to university. I told him I didn't have a preference because I was under the impression that if you are good, you will excel anywhere. Well he was an international attorney representing countries like Saudi Arabia, the US, McDonnell DOuglas, Honeywell, you name it. He told me Haruna, you can be angel gabriel and a snakeoil salesman will try to sell you Koobeh Jara. If you do not actively search for a university that fits your lifestyle, your future will be constrained. In other words you will still be good but you may not have a way to positively affect the future ware of your life. As much as the state may have the interest of the people at heart, Art and Culture's architecture is the domain of YOU and ME Ace.

ATT is President of Mali. He's an artist in his own rights but not the artist you imagine Ace. I shouldn't have used participate. I should have said attend. Sorry Ace. I am looking to you to do wonders with Gambian Art and culture. Not the government. Chances are I'll go to heaven and back before Yahya recognizes value in Art and culture beyond his tribe. Allez Ace. You Sy-sy yew.

Haruna.

In a message dated 4/29/2010 9:06:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
I am with you 11-%. Not a day gone by.
The Number # 11 is the nail in the coffin.
This we need to channel this to The Gambia. Sometimes I don't like repeating the same fables of our fadind culture
the dying art forms and the state of The Gambia  National Arts council. If nothing is done, you become personal enemy of the civil servants who are the people you are fighting for.
We only  go on buying Malian music like Salif Keita, watching Ballet Mali (Djoliba), we go on buying Oumie Sangare & Nahawa. But the cultural exposure and variations, when these Malians and Gunieans (distant tribal cultures) would play for Gambians, Gambians will laugh and makes jokes about them (even these peoiple are better of). We loved Youssou Ndour because it  is our mother's toungue.
We have been brought up in the wrong way culturally. We don't know how to appreciate, we don't know colour, Poetry or landscape, we can't compare Arrt and apply Arts in our society.
 There is no interest, very sad.

Question: Which ATT is that. Is this Malian" Is Gambia at the EXPO?

From: Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, April 29, 2010 7:07:44 PM
Subject: In honour of Femi Peters, Here is April 28th's edition of ORTM News.

In this edition: Alasane Souleymane & Ndey Sissoko

1. ATT goes to Shanghai to participate at the Shanghai-China EXPO.
2. Mali learns from China's experience in food self-sufficiency. Hon. Diallo madeleine Ba presides over China-Africa workshop.
3. PM Modibo Sidibe presides over Council of Ministers meeting. UEMOA, Public Housing, and the Yirimadio Hospital (which will be completed in a couple of months) feature prominently.
Revenue DIrector Hon. Dionke Diarra is interviewed by ORTM.
4. UEMOA conference on member state unemployment continues.
5. Mali's Public Markets Authority convenes. Supreme and Constitutional courts members delegate. PM Modibo Sidibe is president of Authority. They consider framework of regulation.
6. Iran's new Ambassador to Mali goes on a familiarization tour of Mali's institutions.
7. Educational Reform in Mali. Hon. Bellegarde directs. PISE-3 Value-education.
8. Fertilizer subventions. Office Du Niger - MaLibya Rice Development Project features.
9. Biodiversity COmmission of the Gourma collective - includes Mopti, Gao, and Timboctou - appoints inter-communal commission.
10. Mali celebrates Togo-50 on Tuesday.
11. Art & Culture council convenes. They consider budget and challenges. EU assists. Ace where are you????
12. Mali's new National Football coach Alain GIresse gives press conference. He replaces Nigerian Stephen Keshi.

See the edition at www.thegdp.wordpress.com click on Mali News - ORTM link.

Thank you people.
Haruna.