Hi Joe how are you?

[Lamin, it is unfortunate that Dr. Wright left the L and I hope he reconsiders or for anyone close to him to attempt to encourage him back.] Joe Sambou.

I agree Joe and I hope Dr. Wright reconsiders his decision to leave us after his brief sojourn here at Ellen. It must be understood that Ellen is a community of humans and the eminent Dr. Wright I am confident understands that. Whatever reasoning he relied on to join our community of Ellen was probably the same calculus he relied on to depart. We would have liked to know him better and share ideas with him.

[Now, regarding Drammeh calling Ousainou a drunk that is wrong indeed, even if Ousainou were one.] Joe Sambou.

Joe you and I agree on this again. And it so happens that Ousainou Darboe hasn't drunk a sentime of alcohol in his entire life and Muhammad Bai Drammeh knew that. Perhaps he bore false witness against Ousainou because he did not know that to be wrong in societies.

[The reason being that is not why were are discussing Ousainou.] Joe Sambou.

Even if we were discussing the drinking habits of Hon. Ousainou Darboe, it would still have been wrong to slander him or bear false witness against him just as it would be to slander or bear false witness against you Joe. Don't you understand that?

[As you you know, once someone enters politics, there is no telling what the electorate might say about you and most of it may be false.] Joe Sambou.

Very true. I agree here with you 100% again Joe. Believe it or not. Let me explain so that you may understand better here. I don't want to leave you with any wrong impression.
In societies the world over, all humans are born with certain inalienable rights...among which is the right to free speech. So in effect because humans are unique in their auditions and DNA, you Joe cannot determine what I Haruna might say about a politician, an accountant, a doctor, an electrician, a carpenter, a president, or an Almoodi. The Bible and the Qur'An teach us that in our relations with our fellows, we must not do onto another that which we would not wish to be done unto ourselves. From this teaching came the laws that guide all societies from the early Romans to the Mesopotamians. That is the source of tort laws, slander, libel, murder, arson, and rape. So the lot of humanity can still enjoy the precepts of Free speech but for speech that remains amid the contours of benign or factual speech. What that does is help curb the affect of wanton criminality and shores up the value of judicial systems the world over. This is because if Joe Sambou is given the unbridled privilege of slandering or bearing false witness against a politician, what will curb his other excesses such as murder, rape, and other larcenies. I declare you wouldn't want to live in such callous society. Ellen is our community, a microcosm of the larger societies. I will remind you that an accountant is in charge of the livelihoods of his/her fellow citizens. So if you could bear false witness against a politician, why could you not shit on an accountant?

[I read a story of LBJ and an opponent in a contest for office in Texas. The story goes that the opponent happened to have a farm and LBJ is purported to telling an adviser or mouthpiece to spread the rumor that the opponent is known to have affairs with his animals. The mouthpiece objected to starting that rumor, because it is false.  LBJ told the mouthpiece that he knows it is false, but by the time the voters are done with the opponent, the opponent will not have any air left in him. This may not have been Drammeh's intent, but to show that worse can be said about a politician and worse will be said.] Joe Sambou.

Incredible. So Joe the moral you got from this story is that you are free to rape a defenseless woman because by the time you are discovered to have committed that heinous act, you will have exhausted the thrill of Sodom and Gomorrah???????? The Lord is my shepherd. Joe, I want you to reflect a moment: How confident are you that the story about what LBJ purportedly engineered was true??? And did the story tell you whether LBJ's mouthpiece was convinced by the alleged rationale of LBJ??????? How can you rely on a story written by other about LBJ to conduct the affairs of your life Joe????? And just because LBJ's mouthpiece completed that crime with LBJ as accomplice (if the story is to be believed), does that make the act acceptable or uncriminal????
This is what I mean when I say miseducation and ill-information. I encourage you to reconnoitre true north. And BTW, just because a white man did something does not say one way or the other whether it is or is not legal. I just thought I'd share that secret with you my friend. I love white people but I don't love them that much. i rely on my parents, friends, and DaarManso for counsel.

[I have no problem with Suntou taking Drammeh to task for calling Ousainou a Drunkard, but suntou should never call on someone's parent in defense of Ousainou being called a drunk.] Joe Sambou.

What warped logic? Suntou is a member of our community of Ellen. He is at liberty to fight crime against a fellow community member and anyone outside of the community. Why should Suntou not educate Muhammad Bai Drammeh on his pedigree to put things in perspective for him? Why does a judge exact punishment on a criminal even if the victim is not related to the judge you idiot?

[The APRC supporters say worse to Ousainou on the ground and will continue to say worse on their opponents.] Joe Sambou.

ANd what does that have to do with you or Muhammad Bai Drammeh comitting a crime against anyone in our community of Ellen??? You are free to do it at Posten all you want but even though I do not desire to be associated with Posten if I get wind of it, you'll be sorry your black arse was ever born.

[What Suntou did is to a lesser extent similar to the reaction that some fanatics display to call for the head of anyone that says anythnng negative about Mohammad.] Joe Sambou.

Try saying that about Jesus and see how you end up you idiot. It is not what you say about folk's prophet but the slander, insolence, and libel you intended to comit. I don't know if you're really a Gambian Joe? Just because an APRC idiot comits a crime, does that make it acceptable for anyone to comit a crime in Ellen???? I'll put him/her out of their misery. I will first educate them on their pedigree and should that not do the trick, I'll wring their monkey necks myself.

[George Bush has been called many things and to this day, just the mere mention of his name will illicit strong reaction depending what side of the political isle one leans.] Joe Sambou.

There he goes again. Joe that still does not make it ok for you to bear false witness against W. If you do, I'll personally make sure you answer for your speech against the man. The ides of the semi-literate.

[I concur with you that the two have a history of contest and the result is the abuse of our sensibilities.] Joe Sambou.

That has nothing to do with any of them comitting a crime Joe. JDAM shares that as atmosphere for his caution.

[I hope this serves as a lesson to the rest of us.] Joe Sambou.

This is what I mean. Does it have to take this fracas to educate you Joe in sobriety????? Knowing how you take your clues from other idiots, perhaps this is our saving grace here at Ellen. You will agree then if nothing else the episode had the appeal of an epiphany for you?

[I also hope that folks develop a thick skin as the electorate discuss their leaders.] Joe Sambou.

Joe, I hate to break this to you but you cannot tell anyone to develop any manner of texture of skin. And look up the word electorate while you digest that. I think you are assuming that like you, we at Ellen take our clues from idiots. You are sadly mistaken. To wantonly malign your fellow citizens again. Nay I shall be there with you all the way.

[I hope there will not be a repeat of this going forward.  I am disappointed that our Religious Scholar sees nothing wrong with the abuse of our sensibilities.] Joe Sambou.

Very funny. If you want to denegrade Islam, you should be a man about it and come out in the open. This onomatopzic will not do it.

[I never knew that the UK was this afraid of the US.  With the nervousness of the UK goalie, I hope he did not wet himself. -:)!  I could not believe my eyes.  Hope they have calmed down.] Joe Sambou.

Aye Aye. UK did play their hearts out. I'm confident they'll regroup. Thanx Joe for your thoughts. I hope I am able to add value to you.

Haruna.