Dear All,
I just returned from Banjul barely 24 hours ago to attend the end of the long fasting of Ramadan with family members and friend after a long time of absence from home.

I spent two weeks, but what caught my attention was that there are no fire fighting vehicles( Fire Tenders) in the International Airport in Banjul. I am reliable informed that the Gambia Civil Aviation Authority hired the services of the Senegalese Civil Aviation Authority to come to Banjul and handle this situation.

Both the Government of the Gambia and the Civil Aviation cannot afford to purchase these machines.
I doubt if the Professor cannot as usual, 'donate' to Government Fire Tenders.
All travellers will recall that during landings and take offs, fire tenders are no standby incase of emergencies to contain disasters.
I invite comments from all you regarding this situation.