Baba,

This is indeed very distressing to say the least. Ms Khan who had supported
this regime with all her might when she was studying in Italy and throughout
all these years should not and cannot be a threat to this regime.

When she was appointed to the position of SG many of us here raised concerns
about her becoming a victim fairly quickly. No sooner than she landed in
State house was she transfered to PMO and then down come the ax on a
brilliant young lady armed with fresh knowledge and skills trying to
contribute her part to nation building. The internal power struggles within
the civil service would not allow a smart person like her to come and make
an impact.

This is certainly not a strategy to empower women and not yound intelligent
Gambian women for that matter. I feel deeply sorry for Ms Khan and family
and it simply does not and would not help to say she knew what she was
getting into but I hope this would be a bitter lesson young Gambians will
learn that no matter how patriotic and willing they are to contribute, it is
simply not enough for this regime.

Charge her for whatever crime she may have committed but for God and
humanity please do not harass and discourage such a brilliant lady from
serving her country in the future.

Thanks for sharing and Kudos to Freedom for following up on this story!!!

Demba