List managers/Gambia,i request you to register fankung fankung to the mighty Gambia L ,i will be
sponsoring him to join with the following email [log in to unmask]

Thanks

Seedou Bajinka

Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:45:51 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: DEBATE: Is Yolocamba Solidaridad a NON-PROFIT NGO as it relates to the GAMCOTRAP-2
To: [log in to unmask]

To open this debate, I have taken the liberty of lifting some critical statements from Yolocamba Director's letter supporting the case against GAMCOTRAP. Those statements below will accompany this debate at all times in order to guide our submissions.

I believe Yolocamba Solidaridad, contrary to her submission, is NOT a NON-PROFIT NGO in her activities to eliminate "FGM" in Gambia. Yolocamba's project with GAMCOTRAP was funded / financed by Spanish taxpayers through the Spanish government administration. This establishes that Yolocamba's project with GAMCOTRAP is NOT Non-Governmental in nature.

I encourage coleagues here who wish to argue the opposite of the debate topic to share their arguments with us. Let us stay within the topic however and not stray too far afield because the case Yolocamba V. Gamcotrap is under consideration by The Gambia Courts. I encourage JDAM and Owens to afford us the benefit of their legal expertise in this debate.

I also encourage The Gambia Courts to counsel the prosecutors to adjust the style of the case to reflect the true plaintiff (Yolocamba Solidaridad) and defendant/s (Gamcotrap).

The debate is enjoined.

Haruna.

Yolocamba Solidaridad is a Spanish nonprofit NGDO which had worked since 1998 for
equality, justice, and development of the peoples.

This means that the money sent to Gamcotrap is public money, come from a Spanish
public administration, and is subject to the conditions of management of public money
and the rules of transparency and accountability of all public authorities and
international cooperation.

In this situation, and as responsible for the transparent management of public funds, we
put the problem to the attention of the government of Gambia, of course in any
situation like this in countries that have made commitments through international
treaties on protection of Human rights and where there is legislation to ensure the
safety of persons.

The Spanish Embassy in The Gambia, The AECID (The Spanish Agency for the
International Cooperation to Development), and the Region of Madrid (financier) are
aware of this situation. Yolocamba Solidarity has received the support of these agencies
and other international agencies and experts.

All of them think that it is inappropriate to use the rights of women to hide a situation
like this one.
We believe that Gamcotrap has violated all principles of international cooperation and
solidarity.

Bego鎙 Ballesteros S嫕chez
Director of YS
November 2010
NOTE: For any further information, request for documents or clarifications:

中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中 To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] 中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中