From: Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: the John Aycuth Interview/Conference Call
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, 1 December, 2010, 3:46

Greetings, all, the current coverage on Freedom Radio regarding John Aycuth has spurred me to come out of my little corner of the Net and express my thoughts.  To put it bluntly, I found the dialogue to be completely disorganized and unprofessional and for at least the few minutes I was able to stomach of it, there were sections that were a complete waste of Mr. Aycuth's time, and I have to give him credit for not just out and out hanging up on the conference call, as in many instances, the discussion, which was supposed to be about him and his involvement and knowledge of the Jammeh government, often derailed into completely unrelated topics such as whether or not anyone who serves in the Jammeh government should be considered a criminal, and what beef one has with James Kujabi.  I'm not sure whether or not this was live, i.e., occurring on Tuesday night, 11/30/2010, but assuming it is, when I came back into my room and looked at the time it was 10:20 PM Eastern time.  Surely, Pa Nderry could have done a better job of keeping the conversation on topic, instead of pontificating on how Gambians should get along and that people shouldn't be considered bad people for supporting or working for the APRC government.  Although I'd dare say that h'e dnot be saying such if said working or supporter would in his mind make for good fodder for his so-called paper.

I was completely disgusted and aggravated by the yelling, the talking over each other, the derailing of the topic, and the complete waste of Mr. Aycuth's time that I'm sure could have been better spent in something else.  Or could have been better spent in actually answering well-thought-out questions which actually had something to do with the topic purportedly being discussed.  And not spending 20 minutes not only misusing the term "money laundering", but then trying to figure out whether or not Mr. Aycuth was actually being accused of said money laundering.

I found the show to be really painful and aggravating for me to listen to and at this point, I have a headache.  it's too bad that Mr. Aycuth was talked over, up, down and around, and from the little I did hear, didn't seem to be given enough time to answer any questions put to him without someone jumping in to ask another question, or talk over someone else.

Perhaps if the discussion had been moderated a bit better that would be one thing, but it really wasn't, and that was putting it mildly, and the pontificating from someone who likes nothing better than to post the juiciest of details on the APRC and the Jammeh government was just sickening.  Perhaps the two interviews already done with Mr. Aycuth would be interesting listening but at this point, I don't even want to waste the bytes to even try to listen.
Maybe some other time, but not right now.

Ginny

To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい