These MPs need to worry more about the austerity measures in UK and how they can help their constituents. The Gambia is a true democracy with a democratically elected leader. I will ask them and the so called human rights campaigners in UK to read Kairaba, especially the chapter on "reconciliation". This chapter is very revealing and shows the real side of Professor Jammeh. He is a great leader and even President Jawara acknowledged that.

Please stop spreading this false reports about the Gambia. We have a great leader who Gambians LOVE. Let us embrace his leadership....

British PMA Condemns Abuse of Human Rights In Gambia and calls for international pressure on the Gambia government.

BY Alieu B Ceesay

Twenty Four British MPs have signed a House of Commons Early Day Motion(EDM1140) which condems the continues abuses of human rights in The Gambia and calls on the Coalition government to do everything it can to place international pressure on the Gambian government in support of fundamental human rights. The EDM tabled by Labour Party MP Anas Sarwar appluad members of the Gambian human rights campaign in Scotland for continue to raise awareness on this tremedously important issue.

The motion express solidarity with the people of the Gambia in lights of the reported human rights abuses been comitted in their country. It further notes that according to independent reports by Amnesty International the alleged abuses includes abitrary arrests, torture, incommincado detention, unfair trials,rape,disapperarance and extra-judicial executions. The campaign to secure the British Parliamentary opposition to the human rights situation in the Gambia has been assisted by the Campaign for human rights in the Gambia UK through its Campaign Officer Alieu B Ceesay.

The sponsor of the parliamentary motion Anas Sarwar who sit on the Commons International Development Select Committee said today "I have grave concerns about human rights abuses in The Gambia I was pleased to facilitate a meeting with the Foreign Office, All Party Parliamentary Group on Human Rights and representatives of the Scottish Campaign for Human Rights in The Gambia"

"The Scottish Campaign for human rights in Gambia is doing a great work to draw attention to a government that rules by intimidation, torture and killingS.  Its crucial that the coalition does everything it can to place international pressure on the Gambian government, so I am pleased that EDM 1140 has attracted cross party support by 24MPs".  "Its important that brave campaigners like Alieu are given a voice in Parliament thats why I have asked parliamentary questions about challenges facing Gambian citizens in their country and abroad" He said "I am fully behind the campaign for human rights in Gambia and i will continue to press the coalition government. he concluded Plaid Cymrus Elfyn Llwyd MP of Wales said "The human rights violations taking place in the Gambia are horrendous and require vital international attention.

"Opponents of the Gambia government are routinely arrested and held without charge, while a culture of enforced disappearances, unfair trials, and horrific infringements on human rights reigns in this troubled country".

"But more must be done and urgently.The UK government must make this a priority in working with the international community to ensure the Gambian government meets its human rights obligations, and to bring an end to the wave of terror that has swept the people of that country.

Alieu B Ceesay Campaign Officer of the (SCHRG) said "We hope this parliamentary motion will send a strong signal by the British Parliament to the Gambia government that arbitrary arrests, torture, incommicado detention and exra-judicial executions are serious violations of human rights, the Gambian people's rights under the country's constitution and under the International law must be respected.

A copy of the Early Day Motion will be forwarded to the Gambia High Commission in London which all adds up to the pressure and to let Gambia government know that public opinion is been mobilise in defence of fundamental human rights.Ceesay said.

The campaign is greatful to Anas Sarwar for standing up for human rights in Gambia and all those MPs who have signed this EDM "We welcome the cross party support at the House of Commons am pleased that this motion is rapidly attracting support by MPs of all parties it shows that these are important issues of human rights and we must speak up and mobilise opinions in the UK against these abuses". said Arthur West Chairman Campaign for Human Rights in Gambia UK.

--
GOD BLESS SHEIKH PROFESSOR ALHAGIE YAHYA AJJ JAMMEH
(PRESIDENT FOR LIFE.)

GOD BLESS THE GAMBIA

GOD BLESS APRC

DOWN WITH THE FAILED OPPOSITION