A great interview Coach. I only have a few reservations and I will share those with you:

1. I disagree with your conclusion that Hon. Cellou Dalein Diallo was robbed of the Presidency of La-Guinea. Perhaps the highly-compromised tally of the first round set you up for landmark disappointment. And you have still not recovered.

2. PDOIS, like UDP, NRP, GPDP, and GMC does not engage in coercion, bribery, and purchase for votes. PDOIS can continue its long and arduous campaign to enlighten and improve the consciousness of Gambians while forming a democratic alliance with UDP, NRP, GPDP, PPP, and GMC. A political alliance to prosecute the 2011 elections will not and cannot preclude PDOIS' more historic mission to educate and enlighten Gambians.

3. You wondered why after 24 years, PDOIS' enormous goodwill does not translate to votes at election time. You proceeded to excuse PDOIS' electoral lethargy with this: "It is because PDOIS does not engage in bribery, coercion, and purchase for votes." If you agree that none of the other opposition parties engage in these vices, how do you explain PDOIS' relatively poor performance at the polls even when compared to NRP? Or do you believe that UDP, NRP, GPDP, and GMC have and will engage in electoral fraud?

4. You have shared that even though Gambians don't vote PDOIS commensurate with PDOIS' goodwill for education and health services. Pa Samba, I love you but sometimes you're too defiant for your own good. Let us look at this for a moment:

You admit that over 24 years, Gambians have not come to desire to vote for PDOIS. This despite the services PDOIS renders to Gambians a-la Nyakoi nursery school, Health clinic, Foroyaa newspaper, Constitutional education, and Taking on Yahya for the witch-hunt crisis. Now Pa, let's assume for a fleeting moment that those services were conceived for 100,000 Gambians and that 100,000 Gambians benefitted from those services and the 100,000 then voted for PDOIS because they have appreciated PDOIS' goodwill in these areas for them. Would you not agree with me that PDOIS has all of a sudden, after 24 years of righteous and selfless service, fallen prey, if inadvertently, to coercion, bribery, inducement, and de-facto purchase for the votes of the 100,000 Gambians who finally realized PDOIS' value??????????

And when during this consciousness change of Gambians does it figure in PDOIS' calculus to form an alliance of democratic and honorable opposition parties to fight against torture, maiming, murder, disappearances, and theft of Gambia's common funds??? Funds that will construct 200 more PDOIS clinics, 200 more nursery schools, develop a free press, provide electricity to most Gambians, construct good roads, and purchase the farmers produce?????????

Pa, I want you to sit in a solitary corner, if you think PDOIS' journey is lonely, you haven't seen solitaire yet. Sit in a dark and quiet corner of your house and reflect on this:

If after 24 years of providing education (nursery school), health (clinic), fighting for their human rights, improving their consciousness, Gambians do not vote PDOIS, but when Yahya throws them money each election and each of 600,000 Gambians get even 100 dalasis from those money throwing shindigs, and they vote for Yahya, do you not think the voters therefore have mental problems more than cognitive and tardive diskenesia??? The cumulative worth of what PDOIS provides Gambians far outweighs what Yahya will ever throw at them in monetary terms.

Let me share with you why I think Gambians do not vote PDOIS, even given PDOIS' remarkable and appreciable generousity toward them:

The activity to mould and improve a peoples' consciousness is insiduous pursuit particularly if conducted with coercion of nursery education, Foroyaa Newspaper, a health clinic, and efforting to defend one's human right. An activity that is anathema to the freedoms enshrined in written and unwritten constitutions. Gambians, with all their poverty and despair, are a proud people and do not take too kindly to moulding of consciousnesses. There is nothing wrong with the Gambian's intrinsic consciousness. The Gambian changes his/her consciousness all the time to adapt to extant and future considerations. Besides, if the consciousness of Gambians needs moulding, what makes PDOIS think that PDOIS' determination of consciousness is the appropriate consciousness for every Gambian??? This is what Gambians abhor. They are scared to death of PDOIS' presumptuousness. And you still haven't figured it out. You will blame everybody else of bribery, coercion, and purchase for votes. I've had it up to here with you PDOISards. Its just hopeless that you do not do an inventory of your mission and objectives. Do you think we Gambians have another 24 years for PDOIS to finally change consciousnesses???? And after the consciousnesses are changed in another 24 years, how do we grow our food and build bridges, hospitals, power plants, dams, and roads?????

Nevertheless, I thank you for granting MaaFanta an interview. You haven't advanced my consciousness one friggin bit.

Haruna. When you take your head out of the sand Pa, please give me a friggin call. Men. And I love the man so much.