African despots have been waging war against their own people since independence. But the world has refused to listen, obsessed as it were, with its own selfish interests. Of course Jammeh will not hesistate to shoot and kill Gambians when it suits his nefarious designs. He has done so many times before (Nov. 11, 1994; April 10-11, 2000; December 16, 2004; etc) and he will do so again. On the arms scandal, he has just been caught red-handed with his pants down supplying arms to the Casamance rebels and God knows who else. So he is trying to lie his way out by claimng that the arms were meant for internal security. But of course our Senegalese cousins are no fools and we may safely say that we have not heard the last of this issue yet. Thanks for sharing Ansu.

Baba

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 02:31:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [>-<] Did You Say That To Madicke, Mr. Minister?
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

Ansu,

Thanks for sharing. This is indeed a very interesting development.

If this is the case why did Jammeh not divulge this information at the very beginning of the crisis. Why cut relations with Iran if the purpose of the arms shipments was for 'internal security' and was at his own government's request? Which group exactly threatened the security of the state to warrant the procurement such heavy weapons? Was he planning do do a Gadhafi on Gambians, the same man he has just hypocritically called upon to step down?

The more he lies the more his arse is exposed: Reminds me of the Wolof saying: If you take a hyena to burry/cover a hyena, the arse of the last hyena will be bare Talk about affording a fool a long rope...

Batch.