From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [>-<] Yaya Jammeh Orders the arrest of Mai Fatty愀 parents
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:42:59 +0000

Folks;

GMC URR Coordinator has just informed the leadership that the parents of GMC Leader have been arrested and placed on indefinite detention by Basse Police on the direct orders of Yaya Jammeh. ON the 2nd March 2011, GMC URR Branch held a Town Hall meeting at Wuli West Constituency which was heavily attended by staunch APRC big wigs who declared loyalty to GMC. The Meeting later hoisted GMC Flag as symbolic mark of the take over of GMC of the Region. Basse Police later showed up and demanded the removal of GMC Flag and and posters of GMC Leader which his parents resisted. Consequently his father and three of his father愀 younger brothers were arrested and are being currently detained at Basse Police Station. The old man is elderly and sick and information reaching us states that they are being treated with serious disrespect.

We urge all to join in the campaign to free the parents of GMC Leader who committed no croime except for being the parents of Mai Fatty. Yaya Jammeh is smelling the rat  and has declared an all out war against GMC Leader愀 family and supporters.

GMc will issue formal Release as we continue to monitor and investigate the situation. Meanwhile, we condemn this illegal act and demand the release of: Saja Fatty (Father); Bunka Jarumeh Fatty (Father愀brother), Kebba Fatty (Fatty愀 brother), Karamo Kijera (uncle to Lawyer Fatty).

Wandifa Sanneh
GMC Press Relations