Today, going by conservative estimates (because like everything else useful, his government finds it necessary to lie to
Gambians about how much debt they’ve tied around our neck,) Yaya Jammeh has stuck us with close to $800M Dollars
in debt! We won’t know the real figure until we kick him out. But when he is gone, I’ll bet anything that Gambians will find
that our national debt is around One Billion Dollars or over! And all we have to show for that is a “network of roads” less
than 400 miles in total (the main South Bank road artery has been a death trap for over ten years); less than ten shells
of hospitals without any drugs; dozens of school buildings without neither teacher expertise, adequate furniture or
stationery; public infrastructure that is generally moribund, and a clogged and stifling public sector that operates on
blatant nepotism and crude patronage.

Yaya Jammeh is a poseur of the worst kind, and a cankerworm on the character and conscience of the Gambian nation.
He cannot give Gambia peace because he is at war with himself; he cannot engender trust because he lacks character
and integrity; and he is intolerant of free political discourse because he lacks the intelligence to defend the copy-cat
ideas he plagiarizes from others.

He suffers from the worst types of Inferiority Complex and insecurity there is: cultural as well as intellectual. He routinely
trashes Mandingo people yet he cannot help but fashion himself after medieval Manden royalty because nothing in his
background offers him comparable radiance; he trashes titled intellectuals, yet he craves the titles they’ve earned
through mind-sweat so much so that he shamelessly buys the titles. As if people cannot see through him. Anyone who
expects this man to relinquish power willingly is being delusional. He was an ignorant lowlife before we allowed him to
lord over us, and he’s terrified of going back to that life. His fear is, without the trappings of power, nothing about his
illegitimate lifestyle is sacrosanct.

"Running through the few opinions on how to take on Jammeh, I identify with a Mr. Lang Colley wholeheartedly. We need
to learn from the countless false starts in the past, and coalesce around issues, NOT any person, or personality.
Especially, as some of us can attest to the ageless adage – “bitten once, twice shy.” There are too many phony “anti-
Jammeh” characters among us, who seem to hate Yaya Jammeh out of jealousy. Given the opportunity, some of us who
hate Jammeh and are always blasting him, will be worse than him!

That’s why I’m more frightened of the average Gambian than I am of Yaya Jammeh. He, I figured out a long time ago.
Which is why despite the protest of friends and family, I go to Gambia to take care of my business. This fact, to anyone
who thinks Jammeh is invincible, is instructive: if someone like yours truly, who for over a decade hasn’t made any secret
of his desire to work towards Jammeh’s uprooting by any means necessary, can go to Gambia, visit military locations,
and interact with his soldiers unscathed, then how solid can the man’s security be?

The only thing that gives me pause is the countless double-talking, two-face hypocrites among us. These are the types
that scare the bejesus out of me. To all those who are sincere about putting up to see the back of Yaya Jammeh, do be
careful of such funny characters. " Saul

Yero
Don't mind Fankung, have the time he is only interested in creating jokes. To him, the whole exercise to call for decency for the average Gambians is a big joke. This is why, he is not interested in uncomfortable subjects. Such are the ingredients of dictatorships. However Fankung like those of his orientation too have the right to mock us and make fond of what we are calling for. This kind of human dynamics can never be eradicated.
So we need a Fankung, the Green Boys and girls, the NIAs and many more sad and pathetic individuals who will always sell their soul at the lowest price. No amount of moral adjudication will change Fankung or his ilks. There are those whose personal comfort means everything, let the rest rot, let them burn. Sadly, we Gambians aren't immune from cancers like that. I understand Demba's wisdom, but Fankung or Cherno Kebbeh is only here to wind up.
Suntou