PART 3:

With the Earth, it ran into a little bit of a problem, the problem being that the other forces necessary to bring man into a point of dense manifestation spoke louder to man than the Christ did, simply because they were more evident to man's senses at that time. This created a condition in which the Christ was outside the system, as it were, speaking to itself within the planetary system, within the consciousness of man, and getting no response or very little response.

It is a law that no force in the universe can interfere directly with the evolution of any being unless some opening or invitation has been made. This really means that the Christ, for example, could not lead an invading army upon the Earth and whip a few people into shape because they were not listening to him. It must be a purely educative manifestation, in that something is being drawn out of the individual, which connects with something out here, and provides the momentum for further revelation.

It was necessary that man keep to a certain timetable, lest the very thing occur within the age we are living, in which the kind of energies that are emerging and descending on the Earth are those energies which are designed to lift man's consciousness from the realm of pure matter, or third dimensional living, into the realm of matter, plus a higher level, or a fourth dimensional living.

That is quite a gap to jump, because it requires an individual to go beyond what is evident to him in a sensory fashion, and to begin utilising and exercising his intuition. For most people the intuition and the imagination function in realms of fantasy. It is hard for them to make a link between this seemingly fantasy world and the concrete world in which they are living and having to survive.

If the gap between the higher world and the concrete world is too great, they cannot make that leap at all. Their consciousness simply cannot click with it. In some fashion, when the time came for man to make that jump, the gap had to be narrow enough so that he could do it. This required that the human race make certain steady progressions in terms of the concepts and the ideas, which were active within the racial consciousness.

I am sure that all of you know that a situation like what you and I are doing right at the moment is not the best of possible worlds. My lecturing to you is not the best system. A much better system would be if I could move my consciousness directly within you and emerge what I am saying from the inside out, rather than projecting it at you from the outside in. But this was the state that mankind was in. Man had not evolved any links as a race with higher consciousness. There were links there in terms of teachers who came and spoke to him and attempted to direct him.

Finally one being, who for this reason shall live in history as one of the great consciousnesses of mankind, lifted his consciousness and lifted the consciousness of the race, because he moved through the race and made contact with cosmic sources, and in so doing he transformed the Earth up to that time. That being we call the Buddha, because he was the awakened one. He was the first one of humanity to fully awaken to the level of the cosmic Christ. He made the link for the race, for all of humanity, and of course all other kingdoms upon the Earth: physically involved kingdoms, animal, vegetable, mineral. He made that link and through what he did there moved throughout the planet an incredible vibratory motion of uplifting and stimulation, which solidified that link. It became a link between the race and the Christ, the cosmic Christ, the educative force moving throughout the solar system.

That was still just a link. But upon that link this power and energy moved closer and closer and closer to the planet and its consciousness.  As it did so the Christ within the planet became more stimulated, more stimulated, more stimulated until there reached the point where prophecies were coming forth proclaiming some great event soon to occur, a birth, a coming. And indeed this did occur.

The true birth of the Christ was not the birth of Jesus. Jesus was an individual who himself had to recapitulate certain stages. He built upon the pattern the Buddha had established. I do not suggest by this that he was a Buddhist, although mystery teachings do tell us that he did journey to India, and spent a great deal of time studying with the Buddhists. But he himself had to become awakened. He had to in his consciousness touch this Christ pattern.

We are calling it a Christ pattern now, but we are calling it a Christ pattern because of what he did, not because that is its name. It does not really have a name in any earthly sense, unless we were to call it the Word, or the Son. Any of these names are useful. When he became awakened there was sufficient power generated within the race itself to lift that awakened state still further. It made it possible for him then to become the Anointed One, for there to be in this case the reverse action of what happened with the Buddha, a downward pull in which the Christ, or this cosmic force literally entered the vehicles of Jesus and took them over and used those vehicles as a means of making a very important link with the Earth.

The word `Christos' referred to the Anointed One. This is exactly what happened; he was anointed with this cosmic power. He became the incarnation of this power on Earth.

This being the actual birth of the Christ, Jesus had to manifest his own Christ consciousness before this could occur, because there has to be a resonating link. There has to be that pattern within the individual which corresponds to the pattern which he is invoking from outside, so that they can become one. Like attracting like operates on that principle.