Karim,

Pa Cham Joof's passing is very sad news indeed. Our deepest condolences to his family. Yes, Pa Cham Joof used to run our History column back at the Observer and was a frequent presence in our offices at Sait Matty Road. Papa, as I used to call him, was not only a great historian of The Gambia. He was also a very kind, friendly and generous soul who shared his wisdom freely with us at the Observer. One day perhaps, one will have the chance to contact his family with a view to having his numerous writings published into a book (s). May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Baba

Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 08:32:04 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Obituary E A Cham Joof
To: [log in to unmask]

May he rest in peace, ameeen

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:26 AM, abdoukarim sanneh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 Babagalleh , Dr Ebrima Ceesay, Alieu Badara Sowe and the rest the rest, it is sad news to learned about the sudden death of E A Cham Joof- a Senior Citizen and one time contributor to Observer History column. We  all once met the old man in the Daily Observer office with his wriiten  narrative account of colonial and post colonial history of The Gambia. It is so entertaining and educative. May Allah his soul rest in perfect peace. Read below the obituary from the Daily Observer.
http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/ae-cham-joof-passes-away
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

--
GOD BLESS THE GAMBIA.
LET US JOIN HANDS AND SUPPORT SHEIKH PROFESSOR DR. ALH YAHYA JAMMEH (NASIRU DEEN) TO BUILD OUR COUNTRY.