Edi, regarding Agenda 2011, do you agree that the proper thing for PDOIS to have done is to invite the other parties to sell it to them or at least have a dialogiue with them on it.  PDOIS instead called themself going to the people to sell it to the people.  The question is, what people did they sell it to?  Certainly not to the diehards of APRC, UDP, PPP, NDAM, GMC, or Henry's outfit.  Unless there is such a thing as Undecideds in Gambian politics, which I highly doubt, the remainder is their PDOIS wagon.  Thus, what was the value of that exercise?  How can one objectively evaluate the results of that exercise, etc?  It is not enough to just say the people receive the message well.  PDOIS loosing last week has never stopped them, and certainly UDP is not worried either.  We must face reality and move on.

Joe

Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 17:26:03 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [>-<] Re: Unofficial results of the Bye-elections leaked!!!
To: [log in to unmask]

What I cannot understand is the fact that; how can a proposition became a stumbling block before it's initiation? The agendas red in this forum and their intention was for the political leaders to look into them and discourse the viability not for us," the less important decision makers regarding the political forum back home", to just look at it and say ooh no this is wrong and that is not properly elaborated to mandate abandonment. If the primary part worries some quarters, let them write to the author or invite them to elaborate on those factor. However, one part of that agenda cannot be taking as a stumbling block for the unification if the agenda was not tabled for scrutiny by the party leaders. Let us be honest here fellow country men and women, I think as so called Pan Africans, we should always try to accept and encourage our educated ones no matter their political affiliation. However, without too much of wasting our energy, God is showing them what is meant by unity, It was PDOIS last week and they were nastily defeated, and in about two months or so is UDP on the block and we will see what the stumbling block is there then different from unification. Edi

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい