Our guys in the press are pushing on to direct participation in politics. The new outfit grouping, spearheaded by Ndey Tapha is a bit baffling. If Ndey Tapha is still the exile head of GPU Gambia, isn't it a contradiction, she is also the head of the Coalition For Change?
I am only wondering. It is not wrong for journalist to dabble in politics, can they practice their trade independently and fairly whilst involve in affirmative action?
Or is it my misunderstanding of the purpose of the group? Could it be that, a practising journalist can also be a politician (like Foroyaa staffers, i mean the senior editors)?
This issue require thorough analysis..
Can Ndey Tapha head two different organisation and not be bias towards one? GPU respective bodies are doing a good job. However, our difficult struggle is opening many windows...
My thoughts
Bolonba

--
www.suntoumana.blogspot.com