Laye, I think the caption by Foroyaa is erroneous or misleading. There is No United Front when you have two presidential contenders within the opposition - Ousainou Darboe and soon to be announced, Hamat Bah. Actually, nothing has changed for more than a year now, when Hamat started saying he was running as a candidate. The only people who expressed interest in running as candidates has not changed for more than a year - Yaya, Ousainou, and Hamat. What has changed is the composition of the camps. Initially, we had APRC; UDP, PPP, and GMC; NRP; PDOIS and NADD (which are one and the same to me at this time unless one endeavors to be academic to assign Sidia to PDOIS and Halifa to NADD. If so, is Sidia also part of NADD and is Halifa still part of PDOIS?); and the GPDP. Now, we have APRC; UDP and PPP; NRP, PDOIS/NADD, GMC, and GPDP. It used to be 5 camps, now it is 3 camps. The case of GMC is still unfolding, as they were the first to announce an alliance with UDP and now they are allied with another camp according to this and other reprots. Information has been trickling in that all is not well in that camp and Gambians will be informed as to what is is going on soon. So, where is the UNITED, in the united front? Clearly, there is no United Front and the paper needs to revisit their caption. Besides, anyone who has been following this saga clearly knows that there is no United Front, but two camps within the opposition and each has selected a Presidential candidate. One camp is allied based on endorsement of one party by the other because of size and support. The other camp were to hold a convention and they hopefully will let Gambians know the basis of their selection. The flag bearer of each camp in the opposition believe they should lead any alliance they are a part of. For once, Hamat has said something and he stuck by it. That he will not be part of an alliance that he will not lead. In many ways, no different from Ousainou, only Ousainou hinge his on the contention that he has the largest following, which by default, Hamat does not agree with based on his stance. Now, the puzzler here is PDOIS/NADD (Sidia/Halifa).  How did they end up endorsing the candidacy of Hamat, but could not endorse the candidature of Ousainou? Where was their principles in the case of Hamat, for we all saw Hamat in action over the years, thus, enquiring minds want to know the basis of Halifa/Sidia support of Hamat's candidature. Is it because Hamat has the largest following? If that is the case, then why could they not endorse Ousainou, since Ousainou consistently had more votes than Hamat in all contests they entered thus far. Since NADD/PDOIS did not field a candidate, could it be they endorsed another candidate and not Hamat? If so, who is that candidate and what is their basis? If all or some in the Convention voted for Hamat, what was their basis? I can here the partinicks to cry, but Joe we just told you we had a Convention, what don't you understand? To that I say, I do not understand the logic. I hope Foroyaa will provide answers to my questions and that of many others who have many gaps in their quest for sound analysis of what is going on. The most important group in this musical chair game is the electorate/voter and they will speak in the next four weeks or so and a verdict will be rendered. This is where matters stand.

Joe